Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Lesliean

Red Bob's Mill Flour Reaction

Twice now I have tried Red Bob's. Once gluten-free brownie mix and second gluten-free flour mix. Both times sick for days. Has anyone else gotten sick? I read there is an allowable level in gluten-free foods of gluten.

Leslie

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I'm feeling overwhelmed with everything I eat that contains gluten (or casein). Maybe it was poor Red Bob's Mill Flour (much maligned by me) or Vitamin E, Vitamin Fish Oil, baby aspirin? I was ill for days following spagittee sauce but I had put my much loved TVP in it and it also had a bit of cheese in it (and who knows what else?).

Thanks for the support. It gets easier, right?

;) it does get easier, but never easy---its always something we have to be very aware of--we always have to know exactly what we are putting in our mouths--can never take anything for granted--that's when we screw up and believe me--i know exactly what i am talking about---almost 4 yrs now and i still goof---but we cant be hard on ourselves cause we really have a mountain to climb---its not a gluten free friendly world, its getting better, but there is still much to do---but you do get used to it---------deb

Guest barbara3675

I would hesitate on putting the blame on Bob's gluten-free Flour Mix. I have used it exclusively lately and neither my granddaughter or I have had any bad reactions at all. I use it to bake with and also to thicken with for gravy and sauce. Bob's is a quality company and there are LOTS of people using his products. I would look elsewhere in your daily doings or in what you have baked for your problems. I am so happy to have found the gluten-free flour mix as it is so very handy. I know other people like other mixtures that they make themselves and I may try those some day, but this one is so easy. Barbara

Bob's red mill has a dedicated facility for their gluten free products. On the package it is clearly listed gluten-free and is made in that facility, otherwise you run the risk of contamination if it is one of their other products.

-Jessica :rolleyes:

Yes it does get easier so hang in there :D Bob's Red Mill's gluten free products are made in a gluten free facility as Jessica stated. If it says gluten free it was done in that facility. I have never reacted to this brand and find this brand very good.

Hi- I have had trouble with the flour replacements, especially amarath..can feel awful for 2 to 3 days. Chebe flour mix seems to be okay. Basically I have had to stay away from gluten-free bread of any sort (2 yrs gluten-free). Also have problems with any milk products, eggs, ect. also. I am blaming this on leaky gut following damage from gluten! Think the best thing is to listen to your body...it will let you know what you cannot tolerate. sjb-TX :)

I suspect the baby aspirin...I recently contacted St. Joseph's about their heart-healthy aspirin, which is an 81 gm baby aspirin and they couldn't guarantee that their product is gluten-free.

I've always had a problem with Bob's red mill. At first I was blaming everything else. Now i just don't use it....it's not worth it to me.

You also may be allergic to something else. I recently had YORK food allergy testing done..........and guess what? I'm also allergic to buckwheat! I know for sure buckwheat was in one of his gluten-free mixes but not in the other that I reacted to. I can't figure it out but I don't want to go through being that sick again so I just avoid the mixes.

Good luck