Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

celiac3270

Article From Kraft On Their Gluten Labeling Policy

I think that the Canadian Celiac Association or American Celiac Association (or both) should have a yearly award to present to the company who most exhibits willingness to properly label their products and thus make our lives easier. It makes us feel like we are being recognized, and not ignored, when a company does something like this. KRAFT, YOU ROCK!!!

Karen

I haven't read all of the thread yet, I just want to reply to this. If awards were given to companies for this, it would be something they could put up on their walls. They would get "bragging rights", like a "Good Housekeeping Seal Of Approval". It tells the company that people are paying attention, and that t heir efforts are noticed and appreciated. Perhaps (Scott, are you reading?) Celiac.com could start their own Celiac Seal of Approval Award? We could all be voting members on it! B)

Dessa

The Lord bless you and keep you; the Lord make His face shine upon you and be gracious to you." Numbers 6:24-25

Join eNewsletter

When I got to page two, I discovered that I *had* read the thread before! <_< I don't know how I missed Karen's post, it must have been a !!!DUH!! moment for me! :lol::lol:

Moore's marinade, which I used to use on brisket, was made with soy sauce, so I started avoiding it. My family wanted brisket not too long ago, so I picked up a bottle, thinking I would cook my meat separate and use A-1 sauce on it. I was grinning like a fool when my son pointed to the front of the label, where they had put "Gluten Free!" on it! Just a little thing like that was wonderful! If all companies did like Kraft, I would be happy enough. It would give us a map on how to get through the mine field! :ph34r:

Dessa

The Lord bless you and keep you; the Lord make His face shine upon you and be gracious to you." Numbers 6:24-25

Join eNewsletter

Guest nini

Kraft is great. I love it that I can trust the labels on their products. Like one of you said, if you just know the no no's like graham flour, wheat, oats, rye and barley, then it's never hidden.

Con Agra is another food company that I called and they claimed to have the same type of policy in place, that modified food starch is always corn, and they would declare any allergen /gluten source on the label.

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter