This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Perfect Evening At P.f. Changs

jerseyangel

jerseyangel Proficient

Hi everyone,

I feel a little strange posting in the restaurant forum since I have not eaten at one since shortly after my diagnosis almost 4 years ago. :lol:

Today was a special day for my husband and I, and I decided to take the plunge and go out to dinner. We went to P.F. Changs in The Woodlands, Texas and had the most amazing experience--so incredible in fact that I had to share.

After we were seated our waiter, Seth, brought me the gluten-free menu I had requested. My husband (very protective) explained that I had Celiac, was very sensitive, and that this was the first time I'd tried a restaurant in a very long time. Seth was extremely knowledgeable about gluten intolerance (and allergies), and assured me that he would see to it that my food was handled separately, prepared in clean pans, in a dedicated area, etc. I was so impressed, that I didn't even feel it necessary to speak to the manager.

However, within a few minutes, the manager Josh came to our table and reiterated that they would do everything possible to insure a safe meal. He told me that he was overseeing the process personally.

The food was delicious--I had the lemon chicken. :D During the course of the meal, they checked back with us, along with another staff member also named Josh who was very nice. Even though the place was nearly full, we were given outstanding personal treatment.

After we finished, both Seth and Josh came back to our table with a gluten-free chocolate bombe dessert (with a candle in it, no less :rolleyes: ) and said that they had decided to not only treat us to dessert, but to take care of our whole dinner check! I was so touched, I can't even tell you. :wub:

Two hours later, and I feel fine ;) All in all, a wonderful dining experience!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Judyin Philly Enthusiast
After we finished, both Seth and Josh came back to our table with a gluten-free chocolate bombe dessert (with a candle in it, no less :rolleyes: ) and said that they had decided to not only treat us to dessert, but to take care of our whole dinner check! I was so touched, I can't even tell you. :wub:

Two hours later, and I feel fine ;) All in all, a wonderful dining experience!

This is one of the best posts i've read on here in 4 years.

I'm just thrilled your first dinner out was perfect.

So now this place can your 'get away' place for sure.

Happy Anniv by the way

You so deserve this special nite.

Love Judy

purple Community Regular

You got the wonderful dining experience and I got tears reading your post ;)

I am sure you will go back there...huh? :):wub:

jerseyangel Proficient
I am sure you will go back there...huh? :):wub:

Most definately! :D Don't know what I enjoyed more--the dinner itself or not having to cook everything and do the dishes :lol:

lizard00 Enthusiast

YAY PATTI!!!! I'm so glad you got out to eat and were taken care of so well!! Major points for Houston! :):lol:

DingoGirl Enthusiast

Oh Pat-T :wub:

this is just SO SPECIAL! I'm so thrilled for your perfect evening, and those WONDERFUL employees!

I have had such good luck at PF Chang's that I wrote a letter to their corporate offices. :) I've never had a problem there, everyone has been extremely knowledgeable, and it's always delish.

Looks like you and Mark have a safe place to eat now!

:)

jerseyangel Proficient
I have had such good luck at PF Chang's that I wrote a letter to their corporate offices. :) I've never had a problem there, everyone has been extremely knowledgeable, and it's always delish.

Thanks, Soozle :D I'm also planning to write a letter ;)

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Jestgar Rising Star
You got the wonderful dining experience and I got tears reading your post ;)

me too, actually. *sniffle*

I am so glad this was such a nice experience for you.

Archived