Becci

Celiac Jewelry?

Rate this topic

Does anyone know where to find jewelry made with Celiac awareness?

Thank you,

Those are nice, but I am looking for something a little less 'broke-ifying' haha

I cannot afford to spend $60 on a necklace. :P

I feel so poor HAHA

Thank you so much, though.

If I get the money, I will definitely get me one of those :D

Thank you,

Those are nice, but I am looking for something a little less 'broke-ifying' haha

I cannot afford to spend $60 on a necklace. :P

I feel so poor HAHA

Thank you so much, though.

If I get the money, I will definitely get me one of those :D

Do you have a bead shop anywhere near where you live ? Or have you ever been to a Gem and Mineral Show ?

Or something like a crafts vendors display at some activities ? Have you ever seen a Tandy Leather catalogue?

Or been to a Michael's craft store? Or a western store that sells a lot of tack supplies for showing, they will have silver beads and conchos sometimes.

Silver shops, and Native American jewelry supplies.

E bay, also. Turquoise and other stones come in green as well as blue. Why wear plastic beads when turquoise is the real thing ?

The materials to make these things are super inexpensive, and stringing them onto string or leather is very easy.

You just need to know where to find it. Try googling Gem and Mineral show and seeing if one will be coming to your area this year, you will love it, all sorts of wholesale jewelry supply and craft stones and beads, and finished jewelry too, cheap.

I found an amazing jade beaded green bracelet last year hand braided on to macrame string for about $15 at a local Fruit Harvest Festival, and each one was unique, and the seller had made each one herself.

Even some Walmarts, in their sewing depts, have bags of beads that could get you started. Check out the shoeslace dept. for leather strings for necklaces.

Why is green the color for celiac awareness?

Why is green the color for celiac awareness?

I have no idea.. hmm. why is pink breast cancer?

it is wierd the way they come up with colors for diseases.

it is really weird to think i have a disease. wow! just now really thinking about it. i have a real disease!!??!!??

Becci- What kind of jewelry are you looking for? Try Etsy (www.etsy.com) A lot of the jewelry sellers are very reasonably priced and willing to make custom.

Here's one Etsy results for celiac.

I LOVE that site!

Has anyone ever seen a plastic bracelet like the LiveStrong ones for Celiac? I would wear one of those for sure.

Edit: I just found one on the celiac center link.

Amy just a heads up, if you order the celiac "live strong" type bracelets, they come in 2 sizes. I have smaller wrists and the adult size was way too big. I ended up having to wear one of the children's sizes. The adult size litteraly fell off my hand.

Amy just a heads up, if you order the celiac "live strong" type bracelets, they come in 2 sizes. I have smaller wrists and the adult size was way too big. I ended up having to wear one of the children's sizes. The adult size litteraly fell off my hand.

Ah! Thanks for the info! I will order one of each just in case.