Rate this topic

I noticed you have your gluten sensitivity gene test results from Enterolab in your signature. I just got my results for the same test back yesterday. This might be a nosy question but.... What did they tell you about your results? My results were as follows:

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1: 0302

HLA-DQB1Molecular analysis, Allele 2: 0301

Serologic Equivalent: HLA-DQ 3,3 (Subtype 8,7)

The interpretation says since I have a Celiac gene and a gluten sensitivity gene that I have a stronger predisposition to develop problems with gluten. I have no idea what all the numbers mean. You are so knowledgeable about all things Celiac. Can you shed some light on what the numbers mean? Thank you!!

I noticed you have your gluten sensitivity gene test results from Enterolab in your signature. I just got my results for the same test back yesterday. This might be a nosy question but.... What did they tell you about your results? My results were as follows:

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1: 0302

HLA-DQB1Molecular analysis, Allele 2: 0301

Serologic Equivalent: HLA-DQ 3,3 (Subtype 8,7)

The interpretation says since I have a Celiac gene and a gluten sensitivity gene that I have a stronger predisposition to develop problems with gluten. I have no idea what all the numbers mean. You are so knowledgeable about all things Celiac. Can you shed some light on what the numbers mean? Thank you!!

Hi Amy, Basically they told me the same thing that they told you except in my case I have 2 gluten senstive genes. I didn't learn my gene was considered a celiac related gene rather than a GI gene in other countries until I entered my genes, DQ9 (You are a DQ8 and DQ7) into a search engine and then looked at results. Note I do not even bother looking at Wikipedia results that come up as they IMHO are less than a reliable source for research. I personally would say that with one of the US recognized celiac related genes that doctors here would have no issues with calling you celiac. If I had been gene tested before I was diagnosed instead of 5 years later they would have given me an RA diagnosis. But by the time I was gene tested all my RA symptoms had thankfully gone into remission.

Nora is much more knowledgeable about the gene stuff than I am so hopefully she will read this and also give you some input.

Hi Amy,

We're HLA-DQ twins... I'm a DQ8/DQ7 too.

Like ravenwoodglass said, Wikipedia is a good place to start:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HLA-DQ

It seems like everything I read these days (about lupus, vasculitis, mast cell disorders, etc...) keeps pointing back to one of these genes. You can find a LOT of interesting tidbits through google.

I would LOVE to show my gene results to the doctor that did my blood test for Celiac. He pretty much said I couldn't have Celiac because I am not elderly and he brushed me off. My 9 year old son is not elderly either but he has biopsy proven Celiac. Go figure! Thank you so much for the information!

I would LOVE to show my gene results to the doctor that did my blood test for Celiac. He pretty much said I couldn't have Celiac because I am not elderly and he brushed me off. My 9 year old son is not elderly either but he has biopsy proven Celiac. Go figure! Thank you so much for the information!

I would copy those gene results and send them to him marked personal and confidential or make an appointment and let him know. They can't learn if we don't teach them.

I would copy those gene results and send them to him marked personal and confidential or make an appointment and let him know. They can't learn if we don't teach them.

I made an appointment for Monday! I wonder if he will give me a diagnosis or send me on my way with nothing again? We shall see.....

I got my gene results last week too.

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1: 0201

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2: 0302

Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 2,3 (Subtype 2,8)

I didn't know you had to be eating gluten to be tested properly so my tests were negative. My family doctor was very impressed that my symptoms 80% cleared up with a gluten free diet so diagnosed me on positive dietary response in March of 08. I still questioned and wondered if it was something else since I couldn't get over 80% better.

I feel better now with having both main celiac genes that I am on the right track and won't do gluten challenges EVER again.

Amy if your doctor doesn't diagnose you with celiac, I wouldn't worry about it. Your son is diagnosed and you have a main gene and you respond to the gluten free diet, if he doesn't see it than that is his ignorance!

Thanks Kathy. This is the same doctor that dx me with IBS 20 years ago. He has blown off my gastro issues my entire life. I am done with him. If he says anything I am not happy with I am going to request my entire health file and start seeing a different doctor. I know MUCH more about Celiac then I did one year ago when I got my blood test so I am prepared this time!