Lexi

Rice Dream Rice Milk

Rate this topic

I thought I was reading on here that Rice Dream Rice Milk is truly not gluten free, and is processed with Barley. I drink this product everyday, and even called the company to make sure that it was gluten-free. How can it not be it the company guarantees it, and it is labeled that way right on the box??

I thought I was reading on here that Rice Dream Rice Milk is truly not gluten free, and is processed with Barley. I drink this product everyday, and even called the company to make sure that it was gluten-free. How can it not be it the company guarantees it, and it is labeled that way right on the box??

It can not be because it is processed with barely. Now they do test it to see how much gluten is in there. I have had it where it says less than some percentage of gluten in it. I have never seen it say gluten free.

I have called to ask a few times and they always deny the rumor that Rice Dream contains undeclared barley. I believe the rumor was started by a competitor. My system is very sensitive to gluten cross contamination and I have never reacted to Rice Dream. My labs for antibodies always come back negative (if I haven't been contaminated with something else) and the only "milk" we buy in our house is Rice Dream Classic Original and So Delicious Coconut Milk Beverage.

Michelle

Western Washington State

Lexi,

I used so drink Rice Dream when they listed barley on the package. When I went gluten free I stopped drinking it and have never touched it again. I am afraid too. I have had enough bad food reactions that I won't try it again.

Rice Dream changed their packaging dropping barley from the package, but not changing the formula. I would not recommend Rice Dream for anyone to drink.

Hope this helps.

Susan

My rice dream says gluten free on the front of the box in the corner. I don't have any problems with it and am very sensitive. I can't have soy lecithin and rice dream is both gluten and soy free. There is a rice dream product heart smart or something like that, that does list barley malt in their ingredients but also does not say gluten free so maybe thats where the confusion lies, don't know. I listen to my body and not to just what I read because everyone's sensitivities are different. I can't wait for the rice dream eggnog to come out again during the holidays, and again it says gluten free on the front of the box at the bottom.

Rice Dream has always made me sick. At one time the package said it contained a small amount of barley...something like 0.03% ppm. I believe the FDA does not require that a company list a small amount of gluten in a product. I'm barley intolerant, and have stopped drinking this product. I had noticed that some packages listed the barley, others packages did not. I've switched to a different brand and have had no problem.