kaki_clam

Muscle Spasms

Rate this topic

my lips are quivering like crazy...seriously, who has muscle spasms in their lips???? it is making me crazy...is it Celiac or just me?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

You could try tightening your lips and holding them as long as you can to see if you can tire out the muscle. May not help, but you could watch yourself in the mirror as you do it and maybe get a good giggle.

You may need magnesium and B12. Mag relaxes the muscles and, for me, B12 helped more the nerve symptoms. Also I started to have a problem with coffee. It was causing tremors in my tongue, spreading to my jaw. It wasn't the caffeine, I have more of that now than I did then. It's something (?) in the coffee.

These things can also happen when we're tired or under a lot of stress.

Hi Kaki

Yes i think this maybe a symptom of celiac.. I also get weird sensations like tingling and twitching allover my face,right eye and ears..i also had twitching on the right side of my neck and this gotten alot worse since going gluten free but i believe that this is a sign that the damage nerves are starting to heal..

Hope your symptoms improve soon :)

Hi Kaki

Yes i think this maybe a symptom of celiac.. I also get weird sensations like tingling and twitching allover my face,right eye and ears..i also had twitching on the right side of my neck and this gotten alot worse since going gluten free but i believe that this is a sign that the damage nerves are starting to heal..

Hope your symptoms improve soon :)

I didn't have the twitching when glutened, but started getting it after going gluten-free. However, it's been almost 2 months now since I went gluten-free, and the twitching is far far reduced over what it was before. In fact, it's like 80% gone. It comes from time to time in a mild form, as a mild irritant but nothing worse. Going only from my own experience so far (and I do recommend asking other people or reading about what others had experienced with twitching, as it's apparently a common symptom of either gluten intolerance or gluten withdrawal), I think your twitching might get better over time. How much time? I don't know, but it may depend on how long you'd have gluten intolerance symptoms before you went gluten-free (i.e. how much damage needs to be repaired). I'm lucky; I only had celiac symptoms for around 5 months before I discovered the problem on my own and went gluten-free, so my recovery time may be quicker than many other people's.

I wish you luck.