Chrissyb

Craving Cinn. Rolls

Rate this topic

I have been craving Cinn rolls. Does anybody have a simple recipe, one that doesn't involve rolling because I am not real good at that. I saw a commerical for the pillsbury ones in the cannister and they looked so yummy and gooey and I really want some. Can anybody help me.

i do not have the time or patience to make cin. rolls from scratch. udi's has some that always satisfy my cravings:)

hez

Here ya go...Oh yummy ....I found this online for you and for me...hee hee :P

Cinnamon Rolls

Oh sorry did not see it was a "roll out reicpe" whoops

But the directions are great...you might just give it a try!

I saw some at the health food store last week and they looked pretty good. I think they were Kinnikkik brand. Frozen and expensive of course.

best regards, lm

Pamela's has a recipe section on their site

http://www.pamelasproducts.com/recipe_frames.html

Go to the yeast breads section

and then select the sweet dinner rolls recipe

after you make the dough, take an additional 1/4 cup sugar and 1 Tbsp of Cinnamon (more or less depending on how much you like cinnamon) and mix together. Fold it into your dough but don't completely mix in (make it kinda swirly).

Spoon into muffin tins. Bake as it says in the directions and pour some glaze (butter, powdered sugar and vanilla) over the top of each roll before eating. In the past, in eating leftovers, it always seems to be best to warm up in the microwave and only glaze the ones that you are sitting down to eat.

Pamela's has a recipe section on their site

http://www.pamelasproducts.com/recipe_frames.html

Go to the yeast breads section

and then select the sweet dinner rolls recipe

after you make the dough, take an additional 1/4 cup sugar and 1 Tbsp of Cinnamon (more or less depending on how much you like cinnamon) and mix together. Fold it into your dough but don't completely mix in (make it kinda swirly).

Spoon into muffin tins. Bake as it says in the directions and pour some glaze (butter, powdered sugar and vanilla) over the top of each roll before eating. In the past, in eating leftovers, it always seems to be best to warm up in the microwave and only glaze the ones that you are sitting down to eat.

OH YUM DOUBLE YUMMY...I WILL TRY THESE!

Question?...so when you see those yummy cinnamon roll pics on the recipes posted above do you:

1. drool

2. gain weight

OR

3. head for the kitchen

:lol::P:rolleyes:

Thanks for posting those...I wanted to make some for my dd soon!

Cinnamon Rolls

I use this recipe. They are out of this world! Cinnabon has nothing on these! And they aren't as hard as they sound. I use two 2-gallon ziplock bags with the sides cut open so they make one big rectangle and roll the dough between them. I sprinkle one bag with sugar before starting to roll. It's pretty easy and actually fun - in a Play Dough sort of way. :)

I make them (among other occasions) for Christmas, Easter, and even Mother's Day (for myself, and I'm not a Celiac). I make them the night before and just cover the pan with plastic wrap. Then pop in the oven on Christmas/Easter/Mother's Day/Etc. morning for fresh cinnamon rolls.

I love the kinnikinnick ones!

Cinnamon Rolls

This is the one I use also. It really is not difficult, and soooo worth the effort. Cinnamon rolls have been the one thing that I get an intense craving for. These definitely solve the problem. It is impossible to keep the gluten eaters away.

I had a co-worker share the recipe below with me. It is from this website: http://www.glutenfreehomemaker.com

She has made one alteration to the way she prepares these. Instead of "rolling out," she used all the milk called for in the recipe and then just alternated the sugar/cinnamon mixture and dough using a muffin tin (so you spoon some dough in the muffin tin, add some of the sugar/cinnamon mixture, then a little more dough, then you can top with more of the sugar/cinnamon mixture - or add the glaze after they come out of the oven).

Sounded like a very easy way to go about it! I haven't tried this yet, but she says her family loves it! :P

Cinnamon Rolls Revisited

Ingredients

4 Tb. butter, softened

1/2 c. sugar

1 1/3 c. warm milk (reserve some)

2 eggs

1/2 c. oil

2 tsp. vanilla

1 1/2 c. sorghum flour

1 1/2 c. corn starch

1/2 tsp. baking soda

4 tsp. baking powder

4 tsp. xanthan gum

1 tsp. salt

1 Tb. instant yeast Filling (enough for both rolls):

Try this one:

http://www.foodphilosopher.com/assets/docs/0406gluten.cfm

You don't have to roll it out, you just press it with your hands. It's from Annalise Roberts who I think has just about the greatest gluten free cookbook around.

-Margaret

I agree I love Annalise Robert's cookbook, I also like Gluten Free Baking by Elizabeth Barbone