amberlynn

Went To The Grocery Store... And Kissed My Hubby...

Rate this topic

I specifically avoided the bakery at the store, which is not easy to do. The closest I got was the fruits. When I got up today, I felt OK, not great, but my hubby woke me up by locking himself out - again...

So I got home, and now I'm dizzy, migraine started, and I feel weak all over. I called in sick to work, because I just feel like junk.

But, is this going to happen every week at the store?? This is very frustrating! I can't tell if its that, or from kissing my hubby after he'd eaten pizza! See, when I'm home I feed him Gluten Free, lol, so this hasn't happened yet!

So, I guess I'm not sure which one caused it. I'm really frustrated, cause I'd been feeling soooo good.

I specifically avoided the bakery at the store, which is not easy to do. The closest I got was the fruits. When I got up today, I felt OK, not great, but my hubby woke me up by locking himself out - again...

So I got home, and now I'm dizzy, migraine started, and I feel weak all over. I called in sick to work, because I just feel like junk.

But, is this going to happen every week at the store?? This is very frustrating! I can't tell if its that, or from kissing my hubby after he'd eaten pizza! See, when I'm home I feed him Gluten Free, lol, so this hasn't happened yet!

So, I guess I'm not sure which one caused it. I'm really frustrated, cause I'd been feeling soooo good.

I can't believe walking through the bakery dept would cause a problem. You don't get gluten by breathing the aroma of bread!

The kissing? Unless he had big hunks of the pizza crust stuck in his mouth that shouldn't be a problem, either .

If I were you, I would l;ook for some other hidden source of gluten.

Keep a kissing journal along with a food journal. Or just give up kissing to see it that helps.

I once got sick immediately after walking through the baking aisle. Someone must've just stocked the flour, because I could smell it floating in the air.

A few weeks ago, I got sick after taking my 3 yr old into a Krispy Cremes donut shop to get her some milk and a free donut. I didn't eat/drink anything. I wondered if I inhaled some flour in the air. Airborne flour we inhale, ends up in the throat, and is ultimately swallowed...

I'm guessing the kiss is the culprit, but I most definately get sick at the grocery store. I have to avoid certain areas and days/times to avoid airborne flour. I also get sick when I'm around certain foods being served at the hospital where I work. (stuffing almost triggered a full gluten reaction one night) most of the time, it is just a few hours of discomfort rather than a full blown 3-5 day flare. I would consider myself a super sensitive though.

The nice part is that I've been able to get hubby to do the shopping and he has gotten great aboutknowing what to get. I can stop in for 15 minutes after work and hit the produce, health foods and dairy sections. Don't let me go near the bakery or the flour aisle. I'll start yawning, tearing and feeling migrainish pretty quick.

Best wishes. You will learn to manage. I've found that Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays are off limits for me. Weeknights are OK and evenings are great.

Our store has a HUGE bakery that is, seemingly, constant in motion! I could smell it as soon as I walked in, and I felt reasonably OK til I went there. I wound up staying home from work b/c I feel terrible!! Oh well... one night won't hurt.

I don't think I'll give up kissing, but I'm gonna make sure DH brushes his teeth first, lol!

Our store has a HUGE bakery that is, seemingly, constant in motion! I could smell it as soon as I walked in, and I felt reasonably OK til I went there. I wound up staying home from work b/c I feel terrible!! Oh well... one night won't hurt.

I don't think I'll give up kissing, but I'm gonna make sure DH brushes his teeth first, lol!

Make sure he flosses too! :D "We don't have to floss all our teeth, just the ones we want to keep".