1morething

What Do You Do.....

Rate this topic

when you're in pain from getting glutened? I have the worse stomach cramps I've ever had, to the point where I cannot eve stand straight. Work ordered out chicken yesterday for lunch and I'm thinking I got glutened by either the chicken or the C/C from the bun being in the box. Who knows.

Is there any special remedy to get rid of these cramps?

Really really hot showers help me, at least until I'm out of the water. Car rides also help me too so I drive around sometimes if I'm in pain.

chamomile tea...loose leaf though if you can find it.

tylenol and a hot bath and then your fave pjs, a blanket and pillow, the tv remote and curl up in the fetal position. it'll pass! i promise, but the tylenol usually takes the edge off

hot tea (mint, ginger, green); lots of water; lots of sleep

I treat it similarly (but not quite the same) to being sick - my body sees it as an immune system fight anyway.

I am amazed at how much discomfort people have from getting glutened. I have been (I hope) gluten free for about 3 months now, so if I was to get glutened would I feel the pain by now? I almost want to have a gluten meal to see what it's like. If I am getting gluttend then I am certainly not feeling it like the rest of you. Thank God! :) The only thing I have experienced maybe once or twice is feeling bloated which goes away within an hour. Never any pain! Is this because I haven't been gluten-free long enough? :huh:

I am amazed at how much discomfort people have from getting glutened. I have been (I hope) gluten free for about 3 months now, so if I was to get glutened would I feel the pain by now? I almost want to have a gluten meal to see what it's like. If I am getting gluttend then I am certainly not feeling it like the rest of you. Thank God! :) The only thing I have experienced maybe once or twice is feeling bloated which goes away within an hour. Never any pain! Is this because I haven't been gluten-free long enough? :huh:

I was like you. I've been gluten free for a year now. If I did get glutened, I wouldn't feel it, maybe the occasional bloating but that's about it. BUT it all started 2 weeks ago while I was on a business trip and I ate a McDonalds Southwest salad with Grilled chicken. The chicken was full of gluten (wheat & barley). Well Even though I only had 2 bites of the chicken, the salad was C/C'd by it and I got sick. Never thought it would affect me the way it did. The day after I ate it, I had bloating and pain. Then for a week after, I had D & vomiting. Now yesterday I had chicken & fries from a restaurant (delivery) and there was a bun in there. I took the bun out and ate the rest. WELL again like I said in my initial post, never have I felt such pain in my life. I was bent in 2 from the pain, I couldn't stand straight.

My thoughts is that my intestine is so damaged from the C/C which I never paid attention to, that I'm paying the price today if I eat anything that could have touched gluten. Beware.

I was under the impression that the longer you were gluten free, the better you'd be if you

did get glutened. It doesn't seem to be the case.

Rachel

I get more sensitive the longer I'm gluten free, not less. I figure out when I've been glutened a lot more quickly too.

That said, for the pain, I take activated charcoal and/or a blisteringly hot shower and then I curl up and ride out the pain.

I'm new to the gluten-free life, but twice in my month living gluten free I have eaten something I was unsure about and suffered as a result. I've found that drinking hot water, taking fish-oil capsules and laying down with pillows covering my abdomen helps ease the pain.

Apart from that I just have to wait it out.

Hope you feel better soon.

chamomile tea + pepto + fetal position :)

when you're in pain from getting glutened? I have the worse stomach cramps I've ever had, to the point where I cannot eve stand straight. Work ordered out chicken yesterday for lunch and I'm thinking I got glutened by either the chicken or the C/C from the bun being in the box. Who knows.

Is there any special remedy to get rid of these cramps?

Holy Crap,

The first thing you have to do is start bringing your own lunches to work. You glutened yourself from your lunch. Unless you can absolutely guarantee that your food has suffered no cross contamination I'd bring my own lunch.

To answer your question , NO there isn't. You just have to stick to the gluten-free diet

I get more sensitive the longer I'm gluten free, not less. I figure out when I've been glutened a lot more quickly too.

That said, for the pain, I take activated charcoal and/or a blisteringly hot shower and then I curl up and ride out the pain.

My daughter is a college student home on Christmas break and just got sick (vomits until everything is purged) after foolishly eating something at a potluck that someone assured her was gluten-free. I feel soooooo bad for her when this happens because she is in so much pain and feels so terrible. Can you tell me more about the activated charcoal that you take?

My daughter is a college student home on Christmas break and just got sick (vomits until everything is purged) after foolishly eating something at a potluck that someone assured her was gluten-free. I feel soooooo bad for her when this happens because she is in so much pain and feels so terrible. Can you tell me more about the activated charcoal that you take?

I did the same thing while I was home, so I have empathy for your daughter. I use CharcoCaps--I buy them at Rite Aid; I attempted to use regular charcoal supplements while I was home and it just didn't work as well. But it's very much I have to take the caps right after I think I've been affected; I'm lucky in that I can tell that something's happened quickly. (I have neuro effects that show up very soon after being glutened and then everything else shows up a bit later.) If I take it quickly enough, the charcoal has the chance to neutralize the "poison" before it actually reaches my intestine. Is it the best solution? No. Is it preventing the damage? No, but it is mitigating it, which after an awful meal and an accidental glutening is about all I can ask for.

Hope that helps.