homemaker

Am I A Super Celiac ?

Rate this topic

Just got my Enterolab results...and I wonder what the Genes mean...

how high a risk am I and what about my kids?

Am I a super Celiac?

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1: 0201

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2: 0202

Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 2,2 (Subtype 2,2)

Fecal Anti-gliadin IgA: 9 Units

Fecal Anti-tissue Transglutaminase IgA: 10 Units

Quantitative Microscopic Fecal Fat Score: 1267 Units

Fecal Anti-casein (cow's milk) IgA: 6 Units

Does that come with a costume? :D With a big "C" on the chest? :D

I don't have any idea, but I couldn't resist the urge :lol:

HAAA !!!! :D no really I am serious...I am totally curious about having more than one HLA-DQ 2 genes..

does anyone have any good links regarding increased risk...I have 2 kids...

I felt bad for making a funny, but Icouldn't resist :huh:

I found this on Entrerolabs FAQ:

DQ2 is present in 31% of the general American population. DQ8 (without DQ2) is present in another 12%. Thus, the main celiac genes are present in 43% of Americans. Include DQ1 (without DQ2 or DQ8), which is present in another 38%, yields the fact that at least 81% of America is genetically predisposed to gluten sensitivity. (Of those with at least one DQ1 allele, 46% have DQ1,7, 42% have DQ1,1, 11% have DQ1,4, and 1% have DQ1,9.) Of the remaining 19%, most have DQ7,7 (an allele almost identical in structure to DQ2,2, the most celiac-predisposing of genetic combinations) which in our laboratory experience is associated with strikingly high antigliadin antibody titers in many such people. Thus, it is really only those with DQ4,4 that have never been shown to have a genetic predisposition to gluten sensitivity, and this gene combination is very rare in America (but not necessarily as rare in Sub-Saharan Africa or Asia where the majority of the inhabitants are not only racially different from Caucasians, but they rarely eat gluten-containing grains, and hence, gluten-induced disease is rare). Thus, based on these data, almost all Americans, especially those descending from Europe (including Mexico and other Latin states because of the Spanish influence), the Middle East, the Near East (including India), and Russia, are genetically predisposed to gluten sensitivity. (That is why we are here doing what we do!) But be aware that if a person of any race has a gluten sensitive gene, and eats gluten, they can become gluten sensitive.

Does that help? Sorry, I have no experience with Enterolab. Hopefully, after the Turkeys are eaten, someone will respond. In the meantime, might want to shop for that big "C". Black Friday, you know :lol: