CecilyF

Newbie To Forum

Rate this topic

I've been suffering for a year now - SEVERE bloating to the point of only able to wear elastic waisted pants, SEVERE fatigue sleeping any and all the time, GI distress, constipation, foggy brain - but my question is: Has it affected my ability to throw off colds and the flu? I seem to catch EVERY illness going around.

Welcome to the forum, Cecily. Yes, it can. Many of our members report an increased resistance to catching viruses once they stop eating gluten. I know I experience it myself, having previously caught practically anything that was going around. :)

Welcome to the forum, Cecily. Yes, it can. Many of our members report an increased resistance to catching viruses once they stop eating gluten. I know I experience it myself, having previously caught practically anything that was going around. :)

Thank you! I go Monday to get the official "diagnosis" or not as I've read on here. I am 99% sure I have it and am so ready to get off gluten and feel better. This last year has been the worst of my life. Lil Miss Social Butterfly has turned into Big Overweight Depressed Loner. Please tell me I will get my life back. I promise to help others in my condition. :rolleyes:

Good luck on your diagnosis. But even if it is so-called "negative", do give the diet a good try because it works for so many of us who are not "diagnosable." And yes, if that is the problem, you will get your life back, although it may take a little while to heal and you may encounter some bumps along the way. :rolleyes: