alexa1

Elevated Gliadin Ab Iga

Rate this topic

Hello all,

My GI dr was running test to find out the cause of my pancreatitis. After all my other test: mri, ct-scan came out good, my Dr wanted to run some genetic tests. In doing so Dr found that my gliadin AB IgA was almost doubled. the IgG was normal. Anyways he told me that I had celiac and that was probably the case of my pancreatitis.

Just wondering if there are more test to be run to make sure or is this test alone fool proof?? I have been on a gluten free diet for 2 weeks now. And I can say I feel better. No more pain, diarrhea, joint pain is gone and many other things that I was relating to my hypothyroidism. Also my vitamin D was 16. At my last dental visit I had 6 cavities :o . Very shocking because I don't have many fillings.

Any input would be appreciated. I go back to my Dr. this Friday when my Dr will discuss more things with me.

Hi! I can't help much as I am waiting to hear back from my endoscopy. My gliadin antibody(IgG) was 45 (0-10), and in the same boat.

I was curious, what did your pancreatitis feel like? I get bouts of SEVERE upper abdominal bloating that makes it hard to breathe, and it comes and goes. I don't really have any pain with it, just "uncomfortable" more describes it.

Sue1234,

The pain from pancreatitis is on the left side above the belly button and to the left. The pain is SEVERE :( worse than labor. You can get bloating from it too. One way to tell if you have pancreatitis is by a blood draw, your Dr can test your lipase enzymes to see if they are elevated.

Good Luck :)

As I understand it the test that you took is quite specific and 95%+ reliable - if you have a positive result you have celiac. A negative result only has a 70% chance of being correct. I think you have it.