txplowgirl

Talk About Being Sensitive.

Rate this topic

Well, I knew I was kind of sensitive to the gluten free processed food and it's looking like i'm pretty sensitive in other areas also. For the last week or so I have had D everyday, Been going through everything that I can think of then the last couple of days I had a thought so I tried it. I don't have D today.

Usually, my SO makes his own sandwiches, but for the last week or so he's asked me to fix them for him. The next day I would have D, stomach pain and just feeling absolutley lousy. After fixing them I would wash my hands with soap and water, again checking the soap but no it's ok. Well, SO making a joke said I ought to get some surgical gloves. Hmmm. Well, 2 days ago I did just that. 2 days now, I havn't had D.

Is it me or is this impossible? Have I gotten that sensitive? This is very frustrating. But I do know that with my gloves on and fixing his sandwiches I haven't had D.

It's a pain but for the time being I would just wear the gloves while making the sandwich. I've reached the point where I reflexively wipe down surfaces in the whole kitchen when a family member makes toast and I'm not going to cook gluten pasta anymore because I was reacting to that. I'm think of wearing a mask while dusting, for that matter. It's possible that your body is under special stress and may calm down later but in the meantime it's pretty clearly telling you what you need.

Hope this helps.

I thought that the gluten protein was to big to enter through skin? I could be wrong but I thought the only way to get "glutened" was to actually eat it.

My son and I are also very sensitive. We were still getting glutened in our house just from my daughter and husband consuming gluten and having it in the house. I didn't do any gluten food preparation or dish washing or anything. We had separate areas in the kitchen for gluten and non gluten, but we were still getting sick. I don't know how it could have been happening. Finally we decided to have a gluten free household and then my son and I improved. Some of us are very sensitive.