ladydianab

Connecting The Dots... Gallbladder, Hysterectomy And Fibromyalgia

Rate this topic

:huh: Over the last 10 yrs I have had my gallbladder out, then after a few years of several abdominal pain I had a hysterectomy. Within one year of my hysterectomy I started having severe aches and pains. I had all the tests and was dx as bulging disc and osteo arthritis. None of the treatments for the pain had any effect. I did some research and wondered if it might be fibromyalgia. The doctor said probably and prescribed amitryptaline. It works better than the other scripts. Then I had a friend talk about gluten sensitivity. I had never heard of that before.

I again, did my research. There seems to be a connection between all that I have gone through. I haven't had a lot of research from my doctor, he did a blood test and said that it was not celiacs. At the time I did not put gluten and celiacs together so I didn't even ask for further information.

I have been through the wringer with exams and tests and am paying on my hysto surgery and the various stuff for the fibro so more testing is not what I want to do.

I guess what I am asking is this the kind of thing that points to gluten intolerence? I am so tired of being tired, and feeling like I have the flu all the time. I am afraid if I complain they will find something else to take out!!! Not really but man, if I could have avoided some of all this by cutting out gluten...

So does anyone have a similar experience? Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance,

Diana

Raises three hands here. I didn't let them take out my gallbladder but they wanted to do so.

Hi Diana,

I was dx'd with Fibro two years. Woke up on New Year's day exhausted and pain in my legs & arms. Symptom list grew over the next few weeks and became more severe.

This year we found out our daughter has severe issues with her immune system and multiple food allergies. I have spent a lot of time researching her conditions and decided to look into connections between food allergies & Fibro. I know that dairy aggrevates my tummy, ear, throat, and jaw. So, like you I'm wondering if it is gluten that is causing my Fibro-I'm not one of those people who just excepts what they are given but looks for the reason why.

Earlier this week I had a full celiac panel done including Anti Gliadin IgG which if elevated can indicate a gluten intolerance. I haven't received the results yet.

Have you removed gluten from your diet & seen any improvements?

Sam