Alphawave

Pizza Fusion

Rate this topic

Anyone who has Pizza Fusion in their state, have you tried the gluten-free crust? We just had a restaurant move into HOuston, right in my area, and was wanting to know if you liked the pizzas.

Anyone who has Pizza Fusion in their state, have you tried the gluten-free crust? We just had a restaurant move into HOuston, right in my area, and was wanting to know if you liked the pizzas.

I went there before I was diagnosed so I didn't try the gluten free crust. I had a regular crust pizza and I liked it. I hear they use Tom Sawyer flour for their pizza crusts. In Arizona there is 1 company that supplies gluten free crusts to a few different chains, they use the Tom Sawyer flour, I have had one of those from Barro's Pizza and it was good. I'm not sure it's the same crust Pizza Fusion in Houston would use, but they are the same supplier for our local Pizza Fusion.

I have had their pizza a few times....I think it is pretty good.

I have had their gluten free pizza and the brownie that they offer and I like them both pretty well. Since it is an hours drive to the nearest one where I am at here in Ca, and the cost, we don't go very often. B)

I have had their gluten free pizza and the brownie that they offer and I like them both pretty well. Since it is an hours drive to the nearest one where I am at here in Ca, and the cost, we don't go very often. B)

Thanks for the input. I couldn't believe it when I found out this is the first Pizza Fusion in Texas, let alone Houston, and here it is 2 miles away. I am supposing that they are a bit pricey. But I haven't had a pizza FOREVER !!!!!

The one I have here sells gluten free beer too. It is the more expensive Greene;s brand but it was good to have pizza and a cold beer together.

The one I have here sells gluten free beer too. It is the more expensive Greene;s brand but it was good to have pizza and a cold beer together.

That sounds great! I have only tried Redbridge beer, so that would be something different for me!

I personally wouldn't go back to Pizza Fusion. I went to the San Diego location. The pizza was mediocre. It was made with Bob's Red Mill and you could tell it WAS gluten free - very bean tasting. The whole pizza was not tasty at all - it totally lacked flavor. It was also a $30 pizza - which is RIDICULOUS. I am not going back. I can seriously make a pizza 20X better at home.

I have been to the one on Biscayne in Miami and thought the Pizza was amazing, especially as I hadn't had any pizza for a few months BUT it is disgustingly expensive for the size of it. It comes in a large only, which is a good job because it's not a large you are used to. It really is a "restaurant" not a pizza joint like you would expect. It is fancy, nice furniture, nice wine list etc etc. I also had the brownies, the manager gave us extra too which was a bonus because they were yummy!

I have to admit, despite the great taste (crust tasted more like a regular flour crust) the nice setting and great brownies, I haven't been back. It's down to the cost and it's just too expensive. This is a case when I truly feel they are jacking up the price to take advantage for a limited market in a restaurant setting, not a pizza place setting. Much like Amy's and Glutino's frozen ones. I can buy the corn flour and make it myself for the SAME price as if I was to make it with regular flour.

I did however go to Slice in Ft Lauderdale this past weekend and spoke to the part owner, Aaron Carter (yes the dancing with the stars, backstreet boy baby brother and teen heartthrob) and asked him about a gluten free pizza... his words were "it's done" so watch this space!!! hopefully we will have a true pizza parlor that caters to gluten free slice lovers!!!

Same with the one by me. It's not my favorite, but better than nothing!

Same with the one by me. It's not my favorite, but better than nothing!

First time posting since they changed the site, so hope this works right.

I will never go back to that place, way over priced for what you get. And to be honest, when I ate there I had terrible terrible gas and I had my pizza made with soy cheese.