JulieC

Doctor Needed In Northeast Ohio

Rate this topic

I strongly suspect I have celiac. I am a 40 year old female. Two weeks ago, I went to my GP and had a "blood test". I got a referral to a gastroenterologist. I then started a gluten-free diet. I was told today that the "blood test" was "negative". However, my digestive issues resolved within about 2-3 days of starting gluten-free and after about a week I got this incredible energy surge and feel better than I have for decades, perhaps ever. I had an upset abdomen again last night and today again and realized I screwed up the gluten-free with imitation crab. Whoops, now I know.

I'd like a gastroenterologist that is very knowledgable about celiac, as I am convinced myself but with a "negative blood test". If you can't tell, I am very sceptical that the appropriate test was run and/or interpreted correctly. In any case, my digestive system has been a hot mess for years and its about time I got it straightened out.

Symptoms, that have improved after two weeks of gluten-free: diarrhea (mixed with constipation), excessive foul gas, abdominal bloating//distention/pain, fatigue, irritability, anxiety, joint pain.

Thank you for your help!

Julie

I strongly suspect I have celiac. I am a 40 year old female. Two weeks ago, I went to my GP and had a "blood test". I got a referral to a gastroenterologist. I then started a gluten-free diet. I was told today that the "blood test" was "negative". However, my digestive issues resolved within about 2-3 days of starting gluten-free and after about a week I got this incredible energy surge and feel better than I have for decades, perhaps ever. I had an upset abdomen again last night and today again and realized I screwed up the gluten-free with imitation crab. Whoops, now I know.

I'd like a gastroenterologist that is very knowledgable about celiac, as I am convinced myself but with a "negative blood test". If you can't tell, I am very sceptical that the appropriate test was run and/or interpreted correctly. In any case, my digestive system has been a hot mess for years and its about time I got it straightened out.

Symptoms, that have improved after two weeks of gluten-free: diarrhea (mixed with constipation), excessive foul gas, abdominal bloating//distention/pain, fatigue, irritability, anxiety, joint pain.

Thank you for your help!

Julie

I find it well worth the drive to Alliance Ohio to see my Doc at Premier Health Associates:

Jean D. Dib, M.D. is the one who got me through my diagnosis. Love the man for his compassion and understanding. He was recommended to me by Denise Ramey who facilitates the local Celiac support group at Raisin Rack.

If it is OK to post a phone number I will (330)823-4000

He is the PCP and point man for a my team including my Gastro Dr. John Park also in Alliance.

Good luck with your search.

CS

I'm replying to bring this post back up - since I have the same question. Any good primary care doctors around Akron, Canton, Tallmadge, Kent areas that are familiar with the intricacies of celiac disease? (Not a GI doctor, unless s/he also understands the neurological and other problems that can occur.)