fakename

I'm Confused About The Symptoms...

Rate this topic

If you have some of the symptoms but tested negative for the endomysial antibodies (which are supposed to be specific to celiac disease)could it still be celiac or not?

If you some of the symptoms but a negative for endomysial antibodies (which are supposed to be specific for celiac), then could you still have celiac. I could be wrong, but I think I've also been gluten free about 1 week and 2 days before my test (even though I couldn't totally confirm that I was 100% gluten free but for 4 days straight, I was feeling better).

I really wish I had told that last piece of info to my doctor.

Even on a full gluten diet up to 20% of us will be negative on blood testing. Unfortunately I know this all to well. I am one of those 20% and until I was finally diagnosed I didn't even know what celiac was other than the doctors said I was negative for celiac sprue. A couple even were surprised because I was so clearly celiac by symptoms. They tested over and over with the same negative results. That delayed my diagnosis for many painful years.

So in answer to your question yes you can still have celiac and have negative blood tests. Go with what your body is telling you.