psawyer

Borderline Results?

Rate this topic

Hi there, this is my first thread.

It is very nice meeting everyone.

Sorry we have to be here, but thank you for being here and this wonderful site.

Just a quick background, I will try not to bore ya!

I have been sick for like 10 years now. REally bad the past five. I have a horrible back that looks like a falling stack of wafers, I have active arthritis in my knees. I have been diagnosed as having severe fibromyalgia. I am on a lot of medications for pain.

I have always suffered from low iron. I can't ever get it up. I had to stop bothering to donate blood because I couldn't pass their test. My iron is always low, even with supplements. I have low potassium.

About 8 years ago I was tested for irritable bowel. The dr was concerned how I waffled from normal stool to diarreah. Then I cut back on sugar and it went away for the most part. For the past year and a half my digestive issues have gotten worse. The most recent is heartburn. Never been bothered except when prego. But I often have naseau(sp?) and I feel like I have been kicked in the gut. I have had pain in the lower abdomen in the morning that has had me curled in the fetal position. I have days where I just dont' feel like eating. Of course I dont' lose weight. Weight has always been an issue.

I had my thyroid go a little awry. But not enough to raise concern.

Other misc is periods of hair loss. Dry skin. Dry eyes. Fingernails have divets in them and I have never had to cut them because they break off. Extreme fatigue. Extreme pain.

My mother has suspected celiacs for some time now. I have been in denial. My step fathers mother has it. We even did walks for celiacs awarness some time ago. So my mother knows something about it. When H(husband) and I got married, we even had a gluten free cake made for her so she could have cake at our wedding.

So I finally got up the courage to tell my doctor about the stomache pain. He instantly suggest celiacs, and sent me for a test. He was concerned, he usually brushes anything off on the fibro. he told me to do the test on my way out. So I called him for the results today. He said he some of the numbers were off. He said my vit D was really low. Now I take vit D, 4,000 mg a day in fact. He said my celiac test was borderline. He wanted me to come into his office pronto. I told him I took vit D supplements. He said it wasn't enough. And that was the end of the convo.

I have had ten years of negative results. I am actually kinda stunned it even came back borderline. But from what I have been reading, I think there may be a pretty good chance that I have it. I am not willing to admit officially till doc says so. Just wondering what your thoughts were.

The big question for me is: I am on prednisone to control my pain. Prednisone is the only thing that can. It makes me feel better. My stomache problems lessen when I am on it. Can prednisone affect my results. Could it be making a positive borderline?

Thank you so much for any help and input. I hope everyone has a healthy, happy day.

This was posted by the member whom I am quoting, but for some reason the original post cannot be seen. I am posting this as a new thread so that the post can be seen.

thank you!