This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Everything Seems To Irritate My Gut Now

sandsurfgirl

sandsurfgirl Collaborator

I've read about this happening to many on this board and now it's happening to me. My gut is irritated when I eat. Period. I've simplified my diet, cut out soy, dairy, tomatoes and eating simple foods, but I still have gastro issues and now it seems like anytime I eat I've got some symptom or other.

I've only been truly gluten free for 2 weeks because my first 2 weeks I ate gluten accidentally in things like Wendy's chicken and I had it in my beauty products. But now I've changed all my beauty products and checked everything I'm eating. I'm not eating out and I checked all my supplements and medications.

I am having periods where I feel good. Yesterday I felt pretty great all day and full of energy so I got a lot done. Today I feel good too but I'm staying in bed and resting anyway.

Last night after dinner, I got explosive D, weak, shaking, a dizzy spell, nausea and then it went away a couple of hours later. I did eat some potatoes, a nightshade, but I had eaten some the day before and it was fine. There was no gluten in my meal. It was roast beef, salad with a safe dressing that I've been eating with no problem and potatoes. I made gravy with rice flour. I did use Swanson's beef broth but there are no gluten ingredients in there and I searched on these forums and people said the regular one is gluten free.

I STARVING ALL. THE. TIME. I can't shake my hunger and I can't stop eating, but then everything irritates me so I'm eating small amounts and fresh foods, which don't always fill you up either.

I'm hoping that this is just my body healing but it's scaring me. I'm sicker now than I was when I was eating gluten in some ways. In other ways I'm better. It's weird that my allergy and sinus issues and anxiety are way better but my gut problems are worse. I am so frustrated!!!!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

captaincrab55 Enthusiast

sandsurfgirl, I feel your pain!!!! I will agree that my allergy and sinus issues are much better too. I'm suffering my first sinus problem since going gluten-free last June... Before that it was 3 or more sinus infections per year... I just had allergy testing @ Johns Hopkins Asthma and Allergy Center... Other then a known Lactaid issue, food allergies were ruled out...

I'm still having some Gut issues that I can't figure out... The best I can figure, it's either a CC or med that contains gluten....

burdee Enthusiast

You could have an intestinal infection from bacteria, parasites or even fungu, which cause your symptoms, especially if your symptoms occur after eating almost anything. If you have an infection, digesting almost anything will cause symptoms. You may need to do a stool test to diagnose pathogenic or opportunistic bacteria, parasites or fungus.

SUE

I've read about this happening to many on this board and now it's happening to me. My gut is irritated when I eat. Period. I've simplified my diet, cut out soy, dairy, tomatoes and eating simple foods, but I still have gastro issues and now it seems like anytime I eat I've got some symptom or other.

I've only been truly gluten free for 2 weeks because my first 2 weeks I ate gluten accidentally in things like Wendy's chicken and I had it in my beauty products. But now I've changed all my beauty products and checked everything I'm eating. I'm not eating out and I checked all my supplements and medications.

I am having periods where I feel good. Yesterday I felt pretty great all day and full of energy so I got a lot done. Today I feel good too but I'm staying in bed and resting anyway.

Last night after dinner, I got explosive D, weak, shaking, a dizzy spell, nausea and then it went away a couple of hours later. I did eat some potatoes, a nightshade, but I had eaten some the day before and it was fine. There was no gluten in my meal. It was roast beef, salad with a safe dressing that I've been eating with no problem and potatoes. I made gravy with rice flour. I did use Swanson's beef broth but there are no gluten ingredients in there and I searched on these forums and people said the regular one is gluten free.

I STARVING ALL. THE. TIME. I can't shake my hunger and I can't stop eating, but then everything irritates me so I'm eating small amounts and fresh foods, which don't always fill you up either.

I'm hoping that this is just my body healing but it's scaring me. I'm sicker now than I was when I was eating gluten in some ways. In other ways I'm better. It's weird that my allergy and sinus issues and anxiety are way better but my gut problems are worse. I am so frustrated!!!!

burdee Enthusiast

You could have an intestinal infection from bacteria, parasites or even fungu, which cause your symptoms, especially if your symptoms occur after eating almost anything. If you have an infection, digesting almost anything will cause symptoms. You may need to do a stool test to diagnose pathogenic or opportunistic bacteria, parasites or fungus.

SUE

mushroom Proficient

I did eat some potatoes, a nightshade, but I had eaten some the day before and it was fine. There was no gluten in my meal. It was roast beef, salad with a safe dressing that I've been eating with no problem and potatoes. I made gravy with rice flour. I did use Swanson's beef broth but there are no gluten ingredients in there and I searched on these forums and people said the regular one is gluten free.

Foods can be sneaky. You can have some one day and be absolutely fine with it. But eat it again the next day and your body says, Okay, that's too much. A little bit I can handle, but not that much. That's what makes this food intolerance thing so hard. You may have to say no to nightshades altogether for a while and see how you do, though believe me, I know it's a pain. :(

sandsurfgirl Collaborator

SUE

Do I just ask my regular doc to test for those?

T.H. Community Regular

I don't know if this will help, but heck, worth a try!

I just found this last week:

Open Original Shared Link

It's involving a condition that can give you gut issues with a variety of foods from grains, veggies, fruits, etc... And it can also be caused by celiac disease (they don't know tons about it, so this is more correlation than causation, at the moment)

On top of food allergies/sensitivities, one of my kids looks like he may have this. :-(

Much sympathy for the feeling like you're starving! I had that at first too, for a few weeks...maybe 2 months? My doc said it wasn't because of calories, but because my body was still healing and wasn't digesting all the nutrients it needed yet, so I felt starving all the time.

Truly, so sorry - that is the WORST feeling. I wanted to eat constantly too, but was having reactions to all sorts of foods, and so was in the same boat. couldn't eat a lot.

The only good thing was that it DID go away. but it was hellish until it did. :-(

good luck!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Archived