StephanieL

Organic Options?

Rate this topic

In my research (which I will admit is not extensive) I am not seeing a lot of organic options for gluten-free flours and products. If my son (3 yo) does have it it seems like I am going to have to choose between gluten-free and organic and I HATE that! I have spent the last 3 years of his life being very mindful of what and where his food comes from. I hope I am just not looking in the right places for gluten-free organics.

There are some certified organic gluten-free flours at Barry Farm, though not all of their gluten-free flours are organic. Sad but true.

Caution about Arrowhead Mills flours: Several members of this board (including myself) have reported CC (Cross-Contamination) issues with their so-called gluten-free products. Last I checked, they are not processed in dedicated gluten-free facilities.

In my research (which I will admit is not extensive) I am not seeing a lot of organic options for gluten-free flours and products. If my son (3 yo) does have it it seems like I am going to have to choose between gluten-free and organic and I HATE that! I have spent the last 3 years of his life being very mindful of what and where his food comes from. I hope I am just not looking in the right places for gluten-free organics.

Organic Quinoa is a complete gluten-free protein and is readily available in both white and red at health food stores and at some main stream supermarkets like Wegman's.

Thanks for all the input!

As I am looking more and more I see some options but it just doesn't seem like much. If we have to go gluten-free (still trying to navigate the tests) all the packaged stuff requires eggs or milk and butter and stuff which we can't do.

whole natural foods can be both organic and gluten free. Broccoli, lettuce, carrots, green peppers, beef, chicken, apples, strawberries, etc etc etc...

You don't have to eat packaged gluten free foods to be gluten free. Mother Nature made a whole bunch of stuff already! :D

whole natural foods can be both organic and gluten free. Broccoli, lettuce, carrots, green peppers, beef, chicken, apples, strawberries, etc etc etc...

You don't have to eat packaged gluten free foods to be gluten free. Mother Nature made a whole bunch of stuff already! :D

Sorry, I should have been more specific. I was looking for things like baking mixes and flours as well as pastas.

Have you tried Bob's Red Mill? I use their Organic gluten-free Flours exclusively.