This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Help Celiac.com:
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Going To Denver

Chrissyb

Chrissyb Enthusiast

I am going to Denver Co for a couple of days and need ideas for good resturants to eat at. Need all the meals and reasonable priced please. Thanks.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Darissa Contributor

I've read good things about Udi's cafe's in the Denver area. I've never been to Denver since going gluten-free, but check out their site. We love their bread.

Open Original Shared Link

Good luck! We just got back from a 5 day trip and traveling can be so hard. Luckily we found a few resturants in the town we were in and ate their often. Also, PFCHangs has expanded their gluten-free menu and now has lunch bowls and beef items as well.

Have fun!

sa1937 Community Regular

You might want to check out this recent thread about Denver restaurants.

http://www.celiac.co...-and-more-udis/

I'm hoping to get to Denver this summer to visit my daughter and family and hope to try some of these restaurants.

buffettbride Enthusiast

How long will you be here and where are you staying? It will be easier to give suggestions if I know where you are. It's very easy to eat gluten free, affordably in the Denver area.

Udis is a must, no matter what end of town you're on. There are pizza and pasta options around town, in addition to the chains.

Chrissyb Enthusiast

I am only going to be there two days not sure where I am going to be staying yet, so anywhere around town would be fine.

buffettbride Enthusiast

UDIs: Open Original Shared Link (sandwiches, pizza, fries)

Beau Jo's: Open Original Shared Link (gluten free pizza)

Noodles: Open Original Shared Link (pasta--you can have rice noodles with many of the dishes or the pad thai which is gluten free as-is)

Garlic Jim's: Open Original Shared Link

Maggianos: Open Original Shared Link (pricey, but worth it)

LDJofDenver Apprentice

Also PF Chang's (downtown), and Pei Wei have gluten free menus. If you end up outside of town there are, of course, Outback Steakhouse restaurants.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• 2 weeks later...
steveindenver Contributor

I am going to Denver Co for a couple of days and need ideas for good resturants to eat at. Need all the meals and reasonable priced please. Thanks.

Check out denver celiacs website, as we have a lot of restaurants listed. Some easy (and price managaeable ones!) include Tokyo Joe's - manylocations. Rice bowls with gluten free teriyaki and soy sauce. Tell them it's an allegy alert. This is one of my favorite places.

buffettbride Enthusiast

I can't believe I forgot to mention Ling and Louie's. There are two locations--one at Stapleton/Northfield and one in Downtown Denver. Unbelievable sweet and sour chicken that is gluten-free. The downtown location also stocks Redbridge beer.

butterfl8 Rookie

Blue Bonnet on Broadway just south of Alameda is a lifesaver. There are several Montana Ted's around, pricier, but safe, and I am so sensitive, it is beyond annoying.

If you like mexican, along with Blue Bonnet, Hacienda Colorado has a few locations around town. About $8-13 per meal, but I avoid the chips and don't have a problem.

Blue Sky Cafe is in Lakewood, near the Colorado Mills Mall, I had slight cross-contamination there, but the food was good enough I want to go back and try somthing else (had an omelet).

There are a couple of Mimi's Cafe's around town. (I haven't been there too often).

www.denverceliacs.org

And great quick and easy local favorites are Q'doba, Garbanzo, Chipotle. Yummmmm.

Enjoy!

Archived