Mey Marie

Bread

Rate this topic

Can any one tell me of a good store bought bread that isn't a crumbly mess when I toast it and put butter on it?

oh, you are so going to be inundated with responses! But that's a good thing. :D I find that glutino bread toasts really well, as does the Kinnikinnick. You say you are in Cali - any chance southern cali in the LA area? There is a FANTASTIC gluten free bakery in culver city called "the sensitive baker." Gluten AND casein free. Totally, totally worth it, even if you have to drive to stock up. The "food for life" bread is a disaster.

Udi's for sure!

Whole Foods has gluten-free bread in the bakery section, we use it for french toast,stuffing , toast & great for grilled cheese.

Pamela's has a good gluten-free bread mix

Sisters Three ( new kid on the block) has a good white bread mix.

Some like the Schaar bread

hth

blessings

mamaw

Sandwich: Udi's, hands down winner. Katz is also a good brand

French Bread: Against the Grain (excellent products; rolls, pizza crust and Baguettes)

Both the above are good eaten cold or warmed.

All found in the frozen section or order online.

Best to talk your local health food store into carry these products to save on shipping.

Today I found an incredibly good loaf of bread (frozen) at my local health food store in Greencastle, PA. It's made by The Grainless Baker and is called Flax Seed Bread. It was expensive at $7.99 a loaf but it is sooo good. I toasted a piece when I got home and just slathered butter on it. Yummy! http://thegrainlessbaker.com

I figured worse case scenario that I would make bread crumbs out of it if I found it to be inedible. It's possible that Martin's/Giant may carry it as they have a lot of gluten-free products and the company is located in PA. I don't eat a lot of bread but sometimes I just want it. I love whole grain breads and didn't want the plain ol' sandwich breads.

Anyone out there from Vancouver, B.C. who can answer this same question (lol - I hate my bread/toast going all crumbly, too!)

When I went to the gluten-free store for the first time I was led straight to the Udi's. I miss real bread, but Udi's is as close as it gets. I was surprised at how well it toasted. A bit of peanut butter and I almost (almost) forgot that it was gluten free.

Anyone out there from Vancouver, B.C. who can answer this same question (lol - I hate my bread/toast going all crumbly, too!)

You can buy udi's online or ask your local health store to order it and save on shipping. It is GREAT, I don't miss bread at all because of Udi's!!!

ok guys, I am going to have to order some of this Udi's bread because everyone is raving. But I have one question. I saw on their website that they have granola. I couldn't tell easily if this granola was gluten free too? I am particularly interested in the granola nuggets. Thanks!!