Rate this topic

I have never been this sick, pre or post celiac! Sunday I had for the first time a Amy's frozen pizza. About an hour later I decided to have a Mothers day treat and have a glass of my Arbor Mist Blackberry Merlot wine. I have never had the pizza before and had not had a glass of wine since DX March 2009. I have had a couple of screwdrivers and they did not make me sick. An hour later I was in absolute misery having to spend the evening with a "bowl" on my lap. This is Tuesday and I still feel weak and not well. My research on this site has shown people who say they have been sick from the pizza or red wine. I don't know which one it was or if it was or both, but neither will ever touch my lips again. It is scary for me to think I could be that sick and think I was being gluten free.

I'm so sorry this happened to you... And on Mother's Day, too. Bah.

I've given up on Amy's after hearing all the terrible stories here on the forum. I haven't eaten it in over a year.

Hope you're feeling better.

My guess is that your wine was fine, and Amy's tore you up. That stuff if dangerous. I don't eat it, and there's many-a-thread on here about the danger of eating Amy's. :( Hope you feel better soon!

My guess is that your wine was fine, and Amy's tore you up. That stuff if dangerous. I don't eat it, and there's many-a-thread on here about the danger of eating Amy's. :( Hope you feel better soon!

Thank you for your reply's. I am thinking it was the pizza, as I had never had it before and I have had alcohol. I didn't feel all that great with alcohol but nothing like this.

I am sorry to hear about how sick you got. I don't know how many times I have gotten sick from gluten free food myself. The worst is when celiacs who can eat that stuff go on about how you are imagining your symptoms! Some of us are just more sensitive than others to trace gluten. Now I stick with mainly unprocessed foods. I hope you feel better soon.

I am so sorry to hear how your Mothers Day was ruined We have never tried Amy's products because of all the horror stories we've read. Stick with a fairly blan meal for the next couple of days until you fell better. You need to give your system a rest after that. When my husband has a flare up no matter how small or large we go back to the basics, easily digestible foods, like bananas, rice, chicken soup, nothing processed until he feels better. Our favor is chicken soup that I make. It really helps and he doesn't feel like he's being deprived because his system needs a break. I hope you're feeling better soon!