Googles

Joint Pain

Rate this topic

I got glutened a little bit sometime in the last two days (don't know exactly what caused it). This morning I woke up with wrist pain. I'm trying to figure out if somehow I slept wrong (on both my wrists) or if this is a reaction to the gluten. I've been icing and it helps a little. Do other people get joint pain?

How ironic that you posted this. This is always one of the first symptoms I get. It's in my fingers and when I go to stand up, it's in my hips, like they feel "heavy" for lack of a better word.

Yes, when I get glutened. I just posted about this very topic two weeks ago!

Yes, my grown son and I both get this symptom when we've been glutened. It feels a bit like carpal tunnel syndrome.

I have gotten joint pains - usually bilateral - left and right joint - after being glutened as the autoimmune reaction gets going. I learned to use ace bandages which both supported the joint and helped reduce the swelling. When I was first going gluten-free the swelling and pain was really bad and since I am intolerant to anti-inflamatory meds including advil I learned to use turmeric and cinnamon. The Dr. thought I might have Rheumatiod Arthritis since the swelling was bilateral but if I stay gluten-free my joints are OK except for some old skiing injuries in my knees and the wear on my wrists from years of wood carving and gardening. The Dr. had me using alternating cold and hot packs and that helped too.

Thank you all for your replies. It does feel a lot like my carpel tunnel pain but in a slightly different place. I hate all the side effects that come along with getting glutened. It really sucks.