Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

conniebky

Cats

I know a lot of us are animal lovers and I see alot of people use their cats pictures for their avatars, so I thought I'd show you what's been going on out back of my house!

4676466909_ea4d3a31ee.jpg

These are the strays that I take care of. So far, we've been through two harsh winters. Sometimes people move and leave their cats, is that a heartbreaker or what? I don't know where they came from, but after meetin' me, they ain't goin nowhere LOL!

Well, a little surprise came .... one of them littered right there on my back porch!

4677094502_a9154942f7.jpg

She had FIVE! two tabbys, a orange, a white and a black. They look big in this picture, but ... no such much!

They (the grown ones) have just eaten, I just now took this picture, so they are chillin' in the evening breeze and don't feel like hamming for the camera!

Be kind to each person that you meet, for everyone is fighting a great battle

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I really like that one has decided to sit in your chair. What are you going to do with the babes? Can you find them homes?

Love the way the babies all pile on top of each other... like they did in the womb :D I used to love it when we had a litter of kittens - used to breed Siamese. The little one eating in the top pic looks a bit like a a bluepoint heritage.

Neroli

"Everything that can be counted does not necessarily count; everything that counts cannot necessarily be counted." - Albert Einstein

"Life is not weathering the storm; it is learning to dance in the rain"

"Whatever the question, the answer is always chocolate." Nigella Lawson

------------

Caffeine free 1973

Lactose free 1990

(Mis)diagnosed IBS, fibromyalgia '80's and '90's

Diagnosed psoriatic arthritis 2004

Self-diagnosed gluten intolerant, gluten-free Nov. 2007

Soy free March 2008

Nightshade free Feb 2009

Citric acid free June 2009

Potato starch free July 2009

(Totally) corn free Nov. 2009

Legume free March 2010

Now tolerant of lactose

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

Aw--they're so cute! :D

Patti

"Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans"

"When people show you who they are, believe them"--Maya Angelou

"Bloom where you are planted"--Bev

Cats rule! Dogs drool. ;)

Peter

Diagnosis by biopsy of practically non-existent villi; gluten-free since July 2000. I was retested five years later and the biopsy was normal. You can beat this disease!

Type 1 (autoimmune) diabetes diagnosed in March 1986

Markham, Ontario (borders on Toronto)

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator since 2007

What beautiful kitties. I am glad you are taking such good care of them. Check with your vet and see if there is 'Spay not Slay' league in your area. They can help with the cost of spaying, you would pay a third the vet would contribute a third and the league would cover the rest. Also keep an eye out for low cost rabies clinics in your area. The cost is usually five dollars for the vaccine. Your local shelter can tell you when and where they are held.

Bless you for your kindness.

Courage does not always roar, sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying

"I will try again tommorrow" (Mary Anne Radmacher)

Diagnosed by Allergist with elimination diet and diagnosis confirmed by GI in 2002

Misdiagnoses for 15 years were IBS-D, ataxia, migraines, anxiety, depression, fibromyalgia, parathesias, arthritis, livedo reticularis, hairloss, premature menopause, osteoporosis, kidney damage, diverticulosis, prediabetes and ulcers, dermatitis herpeformis

All bold resoved or went into remission in time with proper diagnosis of Celiac November 2002

Gene Test Aug 2007

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0303

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0303

Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 3,3 (Subtype 9,9)

OH WOW!!!

A cat den!!! :D

It's not enough that we do our best; sometimes we have to do what's required - Sir Winston Churchill

Nikki

Son diagnosed with Coeliac Disease Oct 2006 by biopsy (at age 13yrs)

black_cat.gif

Love the way the babies all pile on top of each other... like they did in the womb :D I used to love it when we had a litter of kittens - used to breed Siamese. The little one eating in the top pic looks a bit like a a bluepoint heritage.

I've had a few people tell me that the cat eating is a very expensive pure bred cat.....I remember "blue" being in the name, so I guess you're right about that.

Be kind to each person that you meet, for everyone is fighting a great battle

So cuuute! At times we have a lot of cats in the backyard. Not sure if they are strays or not. I've tried to feed them but they won't let me near. I can't leave food out here due to the rat problem we now have. Used to be some old farms here and when they tore them down, the rats moved into our neighborhood. Had one die in our garage last two winters ago and don't need that sort of stuff again.