Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

lilbit

Bj's Gluten Free Pizza

Last night I went to BJ's and ordered to Gluten free pizza and the gluten-free beer. It was fantastic! I got to feel bread full for the first time in weeks! and it tasted "right"! A manager is assigned to your meal when you order gluten free and they stand in the kitchen to watch the meal prep and ensure there is no cross contamination.

I didn't have a single moment of anxiety during my entire meal!

I HIGHLY recommend BJ's!!! Now, all they need to do is a gluten-free version of their pizoke and I'll be in heaven!!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Thanks for the tip. Where is this BJ's restaurant located? I've never heard of them. The only BJ's around here is BJ's Warehouse (sort of like a SAM's Club) which is why I opened this thread--I was hoping someone had found gluten-free pizza at BJ's. :)

A simple meal with love is better than a feast where there is hatred. Proverbs 15:17 (CEV)

I tried BJ's pizza last week. I was a bit worried since I am very sensitive to cross contamination. I was thrilled to be eating in a restaurant! It was only the second time in 4 years I had done so.

A manager did come to my table, and he explained how the food would would be prepared. BJ's was a restaurant I would go to before I was diagnosed, and I did enjoy it. It was great to be able to eat there again

The pizza was good. I knew I'd be taking home leftovers anyway, so I decided to order their huge (I mean really huge) baked potato. It was loaded with cheese, bacon, butter, sour cream, chives. The potato was fantastic! Between the pizza and potato, I had leftovers for two more meals.

I know they have quite a few BJ's in southern California, but I don't know their other locations. It feels so good knowing that I CAN eat out again.

I just discovered a few days ago that Romano's Macaroni Grill also has a gluten free menu. It surprised me to see gluten-free at an Italian restaurant. After my BJ's success, I got brave and ordered the shrimp portofino. Success again.

Maybe people really are understanding the need for gluten-free meals. Yay!

Do they have other gluten-free options besides pizza? Maybe I overlooked it, but I didn't see any on the website.

Me: GLUTEN-FREE 7/06, multiple food allergies, T2 DIABETES DX 8/08, LADA-Latent Autoimmune Diabetes in Adults, Who knew food allergies could trigger an autoimmune attack on the pancreas?! 1/11 Re-DX T1 DM, pos. DQ2 Celiac gene test 9/11

Son: ADHD '06,

neg. CELIAC PANEL 5/07

ALLERGY: "positive" blood and skin tests to wheat, which triggers his eczema '08

ENTEROLAB testing: elevated Fecal Anti-tissue Transglutaminase IgA Dec. '08

Gluten-free-Feb. '09

other food allergies

Do they have other gluten-free options besides pizza? Maybe I overlooked it, but I didn't see any on the website.

I was so thrilled to have pizza I didn't even check. :lol:

From their FAQ:

Do you have a gluten-free menu?

Our restaurants can provide information for guests who have food and allergen sensitivities or an intolerance to gluten. Please ask your server for a copy of our Food and Allergen Sensitivities Menu and Gluten Free Selections.

I was so thrilled to have pizza I didn't even check. :lol:

From their FAQ:

Do you have a gluten-free menu?

Our restaurants can provide information for guests who have food and allergen sensitivities or an intolerance to gluten. Please ask your server for a copy of our Food and Allergen Sensitivities Menu and Gluten Free Selections.

Thanks! I usually look for FAQ's but missed them just now.

Me: GLUTEN-FREE 7/06, multiple food allergies, T2 DIABETES DX 8/08, LADA-Latent Autoimmune Diabetes in Adults, Who knew food allergies could trigger an autoimmune attack on the pancreas?! 1/11 Re-DX T1 DM, pos. DQ2 Celiac gene test 9/11

Son: ADHD '06,

neg. CELIAC PANEL 5/07

ALLERGY: "positive" blood and skin tests to wheat, which triggers his eczema '08

ENTEROLAB testing: elevated Fecal Anti-tissue Transglutaminase IgA Dec. '08

Gluten-free-Feb. '09

other food allergies

@GlutenFreeMama- I went to the one in Escondido, CA.

BJ's has a gluten-free menu with all kinds of stuff... fish, steak, the baked potatos and the pizza. Took me three meals to polish off the pizza!

:D This is excellent news! Thank you for posting. I'll have to keep BJ's in mind, next time we want to go out for a meal. Very nice that they offer gluten-free beer, to go with the gluten-free pizza. Hope that trend catches on. I don't drink often, but pizza and beer, well, that's just a perfect combination!

Self diagnosed gluten intolerant, gluten free since 12/09.

Diagnosed with fibromyalgia about 15 years ago. Fibro symptoms have improved but not gone away with gluten free living.

Osteoarthritis, mostly in hands and neck and lumbar spine. Not sure if going gluten-free has helped that problem, but it certainly can't hurt. (Am very grateful that so far no sign of the RA that is devastating my mother lately.)

Considering a dairy free trial. Considering.

I had the gluten-free pizza yesterday-oh, yum! My hubby and I shared that and each got a salad. He can eat dairy and I can't. So his half had cheese and my half was completely cheese free. I'm so happy to have another option. I asked the waiter if gluten-free pizza is ordered often...and he said they've had a lot of people come in lately for it.

2010- Gluten, Soy, Corn, Dairy, Eggs, Nut free. Sugar, non-gluten grains lite(Yes, still plenty to eat!)

2010-Doctor diagnosed me as Celiac then took diagnoses back, then said avoid gluten for life