Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GlutenFreeManna

Ww Pumpkin Muffins Question

There's a Weight Watcher's recipe for pumpkin muffins that is nothing more than a box a cake mix and can of pumpkin puree. I was wondering if anyone has tried making this using the Betty Crocker Cake mixes? I have some pumpkin puree I need to use up and I was thinking of trying it, but can anyone think of a reason why it wouldn't work? Should I add an egg or some Xanthan Gum to hold the mix together?

A simple meal with love is better than a feast where there is hatred. Proverbs 15:17 (CEV)

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I haven't tried it with a gluten-free cake mix, but I think it would be good with the Namaste spice cake!! Here's the recipe from the website:

http://www.namastefoods.com/recipes/cgi-bin/recipes.cgi?Function=show&Id=87

Rachelle 20dance.gif

Daughter diagnosed 1/06 bloodwork and biopsy
-gluten-free since 1/06

Son tested negative-bloodwork (8/07), intestinal issues prompted biospy (3/08), results negative, but very positive dietary response, Dr. diagnosed Celiac disease (3/8)

We made these the other night using Betty Crocker's chocolate cake mix and the pumpkin (1 cup) in place of butter. Mix the rest as the box says. I saw where some had added a cream cheese filling. Tried that too. Major deliciousness!

It made about 14 standard size muffins. Very moist. The filled ones tasted better when they were completely cooled. We had trouble waiting for the cooling!

Just to update: I made the gluten-free Betty Crocker yellow cake mix and used pumpkin puree in place of the butter and water. They turned out good, but not very pumpkin tasting. Next time I think I will leave out the vanilla and add some pumpkin pie spice. They were a good cupcake though and at least it cuts the fat/dairy by not using butter.

A simple meal with love is better than a feast where there is hatred. Proverbs 15:17 (CEV)