Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Rate this topic

Hon, you're totally misreading the sentences people have written and misinterpreting a "tone" that isn't even there..

The word clearly (when used an an adverb) just means "plainly and obviously" indicated...as in "wheat will be clearly stated on the label"..

Take a deep breath and read the replies again. No one is being rude here. Honest!! :)

I read that tone too, just saying

On 11/29/2010 at 2:17 PM, kareng said:

Isn't that a Kraft product? Kraft labels all the important (gluten) allergens clearly.

The problem with that is that I am new to this since our granddaughter has just been diagnosed and some of the ingredients listed, I have no idea what they are so how do you distinguish if some ingredients has gluten? I have since read on down where someone actually says that Velvetta is gluten free.  

It's a Kraft product. If gluten is present, it ill be declared by naming the source grain. If you don't see wheat, barley, rye or oats mentioned, then the product does not contain gluten. 

Peter

Diagnosis by biopsy of practically non-existent villi; gluten-free since July 2000. I was retested five years later and the biopsy was normal. You can beat this disease!

Type 1 (autoimmune) diabetes diagnosed in March 1986

Markham, Ontario (borders on Toronto)

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator since 2007

36 minutes ago, Gmatoceliacchild said:

The problem with that is that I am new to this since our granddaughter has just been diagnosed and some of the ingredients listed, I have no idea what they are so how do you distinguish if some ingredients has gluten? I have since read on down where someone actually says that Velvetta is gluten free.  

Psawyer answered your specific question about A KRaft product.  Read this about looking for gluten when reading  labels:

https://celiac.org/celiac-disease/understanding-celiac-disease-2/diagnosing-celiac-disease/screening/

https://celiac.org/live-gluten-free/glutenfreediet/label-reading/

Non-functioning Gall bladder Removal Surgery 2005

Diagnosed via Blood Test (DGP IgA only) and Endoscopy: March 2013

Hashimoto's Thyroiditis

Osteopenia/osteoporosis -- June 2013

Allergies and Food Intolerances

Repeat endoscopy/Biopsies: Healed

1 hour ago, Gmatoceliacchild said:

Welcome to the board. Since you are new to this you may find a lot of valuable info in the Coping sections 'Newbie 101' thread that is at the top of the section. Ask any questions you need to ask. This site has a lot of very kind and knowledgeable folks.  Sometimes the easiest thing to do at first, (and the best for healing) is to go with whole unprocessed foods like fruits, veggies, fresh meats etc. It is also good for your granddaughter to avoid oats until she is well healed. Even the certified gluten free ones as some of us will react to them like we do to wheat.

Courage does not always roar, sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying

"I will try again tommorrow" (Mary Anne Radmacher)

Diagnosed by Allergist with elimination diet and diagnosis confirmed by GI in 2002

Misdiagnoses for 15 years were IBS-D, ataxia, migraines, anxiety, depression, fibromyalgia, parathesias, arthritis, livedo reticularis, hairloss, premature menopause, osteoporosis, kidney damage, diverticulosis, prediabetes and ulcers, dermatitis herpeformis

All bold resoved or went into remission in time with proper diagnosis of Celiac November 2002

Gene Test Aug 2007

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0303

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0303

Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 3,3 (Subtype 9,9)