Celiac.com Sponsor:

Celiac.com Sponsor:

Rate this topic

Hon, you're totally misreading the sentences people have written and misinterpreting a "tone" that isn't even there..

The word clearly (when used an an adverb) just means "plainly and obviously" indicated...as in "wheat will be clearly stated on the label"..

Take a deep breath and read the replies again. No one is being rude here. Honest!! :)

I read that tone too, just saying

On 11/29/2010 at 2:17 PM, kareng said:

Isn't that a Kraft product? Kraft labels all the important (gluten) allergens clearly.

The problem with that is that I am new to this since our granddaughter has just been diagnosed and some of the ingredients listed, I have no idea what they are so how do you distinguish if some ingredients has gluten? I have since read on down where someone actually says that Velvetta is gluten free.  

36 minutes ago, Gmatoceliacchild said:

The problem with that is that I am new to this since our granddaughter has just been diagnosed and some of the ingredients listed, I have no idea what they are so how do you distinguish if some ingredients has gluten? I have since read on down where someone actually says that Velvetta is gluten free.  

Psawyer answered your specific question about A KRaft product.  Read this about looking for gluten when reading  labels:

https://celiac.org/celiac-disease/understanding-celiac-disease-2/diagnosing-celiac-disease/screening/

https://celiac.org/live-gluten-free/glutenfreediet/label-reading/

1 hour ago, Gmatoceliacchild said:

Welcome to the board. Since you are new to this you may find a lot of valuable info in the Coping sections 'Newbie 101' thread that is at the top of the section. Ask any questions you need to ask. This site has a lot of very kind and knowledgeable folks.  Sometimes the easiest thing to do at first, (and the best for healing) is to go with whole unprocessed foods like fruits, veggies, fresh meats etc. It is also good for your granddaughter to avoid oats until she is well healed. Even the certified gluten free ones as some of us will react to them like we do to wheat.