Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GFreeMO

Canned Chili Beans

Does anyone know of any canned chili beans? I know that I can use dried or canned plain beans but I am really looking for a caned chili bean. Is there such a thing?

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Google "Hormel gluten free" and go directly to their lists on the Hormel site. Do this with other brands you can think of like Bushs or any other. This is an easy way to get to a company's gluten-free list if they have one.

I haven't found canned chili beans yet that are safe. Walmart's says that they may contain wheat so I don't trust them. I personally just prepare my own beans from the packs of dried ones. Lemme know what you find though!

Gluten Free since Oct. 1, 2010
Fish/Seafood Free since 1997
Chocolate Free (with a few taste tests to see if I'm just crazy) since 2001.
Officially Dairy free 8/5/2013 (mostly dairy free before that, but I like my cheese and things) (dx'd officially with lactose intolerance, suspect casein too though)
Esophagitis dx'd 8/5/2013 thus doing a diet devoid of acidic foods and stuff

I've used Bush's without glutening, but they're newly gluten-free so make sure if you have a can in your cabinet that it's more recently made.

I found some Bush's mild chili beans in large 1 pound cans marked as gluten free right under the label. YAY!!!!!!!!

I also called the company and they are switching over to the new gluten free chili beans that have cornstarch in place of wheat flour. So if you buy them to make your next pot of chili, make sure that they are the new formulation. They say gluten free right on the label!