M&M76

Vitamins For Celiacs

Rate this topic

I have been taking a vitamin by Real food organics, Country Life, called Women's daily Nutrition because I know it is safe. But I have to say after 6 months of being on it that I feel no change. I am wanting a vitamin to give me more energy, immune support, ect, and one that I am not paying $43 a month for. My body does not handle Centrum very well, so besides these two vitamins does anyone have any suggestions that worked for them and that has not worked for them? Thank you

I have had good results with a B-complex and fish oil in addition to the multi.

Before I go and give you specific brands to look for, I'm going to have you take a different angle.

Go to an independent store in your town that has a very large vitamin selection. In most cases, stores like this have VERY knowledgeable staff members who work the floor.

Let them know what your concerns (and budget) and they will point you in the right direction.

Remember, everyone is different as are their needs and requirements. Let the salesperson know. And remember, you don't have to buy the first time at all. You can simply go on a fact finding mission.

With that said, why don't you tell us what they said and I'll give you some more insight.

Well, what you take really depends on your nutrient levels of the various vitamins and minerals. Has your doctor tested you for things like Vit. D, B12, iron/ferritin (just a small sampling of things you could be deficient in). If you are grossly deficient in any of these things then taking a One-A-Day made by anyone is not going to help you very much.

Seriously, go into a store that has a vast selection of vitamins (branded and private label). Enter the store with no intention of even making a purchase, just go on a fact finding mission. I'd even suggest that you take in some paper and pen to document the insights.

Ask for someone who is knowledgeable on all supplements. They will even help you with your budget. Tell them why you are looking for a supplement and most importantly what your GOALS are. That will help them make an educated assumption about your needs.

Compare your findings to what is on the internet and then go back and make a purchase.

Let us know about your success!

I am brand neww to this all and still learning. I am taking a multi vitamin with out vit K, for medical reasons, and omega 3 1000 iu and vit D. Now how do i know if any of these have gluten it?????

Seriously, go into a store that has a vast selection of vitamins (branded and private label). Enter the store with no intention of even making a purchase, just go on a fact finding mission. I'd even suggest that you take in some paper and pen to document the insights.

Ask for someone who is knowledgeable on all supplements. They will even help you with your budget. Tell them why you are looking for a supplement and most importantly what your GOALS are. That will help them make an educated assumption about your needs.

Compare your findings to what is on the internet and then go back and make a purchase.

Let us know about your success!

thank you for your help, I just figured out how to read my replies, I am so new to this! much appreciation and love to you all

I LOVE MagaFood Vitamins. You can find them online but they are whole food based and are Gluten, Soy, Corn, Dairy ,Wheat free!, pesticide and herbicide free, dye free too! They are a bit pricey but they have made me feel AWESOME!! They are the best ones I have EVER tried and believe me I have tried lots of them. They are a lot less expensive online. I use the Optimum Foods one. They also have one for Pregnancy/Nursing, Women over 40, Mens and a Mens over 40 and many, MANY more for specific nutrients and problems. MegaFoods.com

Good luck!!

I have been taking a vitamin by Real food organics, Country Life, called Women's daily Nutrition because I know it is safe. But I have to say after 6 months of being on it that I feel no change. I am wanting a vitamin to give me more energy, immune support, ect, and one that I am not paying $43 a month for. My body does not handle Centrum very well, so besides these two vitamins does anyone have any suggestions that worked for them and that has not worked for them? Thank you

sorry but ill probably not be helpful, but i have to be on vitamin pills too. im low in vitamin D so my doctor wants me to take some over the counter pills. any good brands?

sorry but ill probably not be helpful, but i have to be on vitamin pills too. im low in vitamin D so my doctor wants me to take some over the counter pills. any good brands?

I take 2,000 IU's of Bluebonnet chewable vitamin D3, which I get at my local health food store. Yummy raspberry flavor

I take 2,000 IU's of Bluebonnet chewable vitamin D3, which I get at my local health food store. Yummy raspberry flavor

thanks for the help, but i ended up getting different types of pills that my doctor recommended. i have to take 5,000 iu! isn't that crazy? and do you know if that means that my Vitamin D is really low/bad?

thanks for the help, but i ended up getting different types of pills that my doctor recommended. i have to take 5,000 iu! isn't that crazy? and do you know if that means that my Vitamin D is really low/bad?

Susie, I'd say your Vitamin D is low, which is not at all uncommon. Even people without celiac can have low Vitamin D levels...and if it doesn't quit raining around here, it's not surprising for me (I should have mine retested). I think there is more awareness of Vitamin D now than in the past.

Did your Dr. test it and other vitamins? If so, you should always pick up a copy of your lab reports.