Sarahmc388

Lady Question

Rate this topic

Ladies,

Did your period change when you went gluten free? I used to have extremely heavy periods with lots of cramping. This is my second period on the diet and I'm barely having one!! No cramping and very little other. Is this common? It would be fantastic if it is since it's long been a problem. Or am I just wishful thinking? Lol

Mine got way lighter, and cramping almost disappeared.

Strange- what gluten can do to your body.

Wonderful-what going gluten free does to your body.

Enjoy! I hope it lasts too!

I too noticed changes in my cycle. I was very regular every 28 days and before gluten free had lots of cramping and SEVERE mood swings. Several months after gluten free the periods got lighter, moods improved significantly and they didn't last as long. Now I cycle every 26 days which sucks, but there is very little cramping and they are usually done in about 4 1/2 days. I'm 38 now so my hormone levels could be starting to change.

I went gluten free November 2nd 2010. (I also started that day.) Prior to going gluten-free My periods had been getting heavier and heavier and I had bad cramps and back pain. My Dec, Jan, and Feb periods were all pretty light and much less cramping. Feb was the worst of the three months, I suspect I may have consumed some gluten during that time. My usual gluten symptom is migraine but of course I've also thought I get more migraines during that time of the month. During my Feb cycle I had two days of migraine. I was very miserable but part of my misery was fear that I will have migraines every month at that time. It is now once more that time so I'll have a better idea in a few days if Feb was a fluke or not.

I used to have fairly irregular periods before going gluten free (every 5-8 weeks), with horrific cramping. I've been gluten free for 18 months now and my periods have become regular almost to the day, every 29 days! I've *never* in my life been able to predict the day I will start, so I'm pretty happy with that! My periods are also SO SO much less painful, for the most part. Some months I have no cramping at all and some I have mild/moderate, but nothing at all like before I went gluten free. My periods are also only about 2-3 now, compared to 5-6 days before gluten free, so YAY for improvement!! :)

Ladies,

Did your period change when you went gluten free? I used to have extremely heavy periods with lots of cramping. This is my second period on the diet and I'm barely having one!! No cramping and very little other. Is this common? It would be fantastic if it is since it's long been a problem. Or am I just wishful thinking? Lol

i used to have severe symptoms and went on BC pills. i'm not sure if my periods would change if i went off of it.

however, i used to suffer from chronic urinary tract infections. i recently had one but it had been over 2 years. before going gluten-free, i would have severe pain within hours, literally to the point of being in tears because i could feel it shooting through my body. with the most recent UTI, i went to the doctor only because my back felt weird and it was uncomfortable to sit in a chair. i thought maybe my body's symptoms could have changed so i went just to be sure. it was a UTI!! it amazes me how my my symptoms had changed over time.

Yes, it has gotten better. And shorter, use to have heavy 7 to 9 day periods. Now only 5 days total with only 2 heavy days. So it's been awesome that way. Stillg get severe cramps though and my usual migraine. :(