Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

K8Hanna

Gluten-Free Bread Suggestions

Can I get some suggestions on a good tasting gluten-free bread? I bought my first loaf today and it was absolutely disgusting! :( Please tell me there is a brand out there that tastes okay?

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

RUDI's is my favorite big time... almost too good. just BE CAREFUL when u buy it- because there is ALSO a Rudi's that makes Spelt bread.

i prefer Rudi's to Udi's, BUT, when we went to The Melting Pot i brought Udi's white gluten-free bread with me- and it was PERFECT for the cheese fondue.. it kinda fell apart- but it tasted DELISH

1986- Elevated Speckled ANA/no Lupus.negative Sjorgens

2008- AntiGliadin IGA/IGg~ Negative,TTG IGA/IGg~ Weak Positive, Endomysial Antibody~ Positive, IGA Deficient.

no biopsy (insurance denied)

6/2010- Enterolab Gene Test:

HLA-DQB1 Allele 1 0302

HLA-DQB1 Allele 2 0302

HLADQ 3,3 (subtype 8,8)

7/2010- 100% Gluten Free

8/2010- DH

10/2010-Hypothyroid dx-> 12/2010 Hashimoto's dx + 1/11- Graves dx :(

RUDI's is my favorite big time... almost too good. just BE CAREFUL when u buy it- because there is ALSO a Rudi's that makes Spelt bread.

i prefer Rudi's to Udi's, BUT, when we went to The Melting Pot i brought Udi's white gluten-free bread with me- and it was PERFECT for the cheese fondue.. it kinda fell apart- but it tasted DELISH

Haven't tried Udi's but Rudi's bread makes great toast.

Proofreader, copy editor, herb gardener and an evolving gluten-free cook.

Had a reaction to wheat, oats, rye, and barley in a lab test done by a homeopathic doctor in 1997. Have been mostly gluten-free since then. Also highly allergic to MSG.

Here's a quote I ran across when researching self-advocacy for children with special needs that I like: "Our subconscious picks up on each positive action we take on our own behalf, lifting the spirit and deepening our self-respect." Kat James

Another vote for Udi's! But I will try this Rudi's y'all speak of...Yum...

Katz Gluten Free bread is not the best, but their challah rolls make EXCELLENT BLTs and sandwiches if you toast it. Very tasty.

Gluten free: Nov. 2009

Peanut and dairy free: Dec. 2009

Rediscovered dairy: March 2010 (in small quantities)

Peanuts added back: June 2010 (in small quantities)

I like Udi's bread best, too. Kinnikinnick English Muffins and hamburger rolls are really good. Also, Schar's dinner rolls (which I slice in half and use for sandwiches sometimes), but I didn't care for Schar's bread. Icky texture. The dinner rolls are best buttered and then "toasted" in a skillet. Haven't tried Rudi's products.....haven't seen them locally.

Gluten Free since 2010

Udi's is my favourite purchased bread but I always make my own gluten-free breads now as I am definitely not satisfied with bought stuff. Blech! :P

<p>Confirmed celiac disease February 2011 from biopsies. Strictly gluten free March 18 2011.Diagnosed with fibromyalgia April 13 2011.3 herniated discs, myofascial pain syndrome, IT band syndrome, 2 rotator cuff injuries - from an accident Dec. 07 - resulting in chronic pain ever since. Degenerative disc disease.Osteoarthritis in back and hips.Chronic insomnia mostly due to chronic pain.Aspartame free May 2011.

When our lives are squeezed by pressure and pain, what comes out is what is inside.

Udi's is my favourite purchased bread but I always make my own gluten-free breads now as I am definitely not satisfied with bought stuff. Blech! :P

LOL!!!!! Me too :) I leave Rudi's bread in the freezer and just get out a piece at a time when I want toast. The rest of the time, I eat my own homemade biscuits or bread that I make.

Had a reaction to wheat, oats, rye, and barley in a lab test done by a homeopathic doctor in 1997. Have been mostly gluten-free since then. Also highly allergic to MSG.

Here's a quote I ran across when researching self-advocacy for children with special needs that I like: "Our subconscious picks up on each positive action we take on our own behalf, lifting the spirit and deepening our self-respect." Kat James

LOL!!!!! Me too :) I leave Rudi's bread in the freezer and just get out a piece at a time when I want toast. The rest of the time, I eat my own homemade biscuits or bread that I make.

Hubby makes our bread (he experimented for 2 months--it was part comical, part sad :lol: )

But we have UDIs' bagels and bread in the freezer for travel, emergencies or for a bagel once and while. I tried them all--some were horrid!) and I think theirs is the best. Not crumbly and makes great toast!

"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way we cope with it makes the difference." Virginia Satir

"The strongest of all warriors are these two - time and patience." Leo Tolstoy

"If you want to lift yourself up, lift up someone else" Booker T. Washington

“If idiots could fly, the sky would be like an airport.”― Laura Davenport 

"Do or do not. There is no try. "-  Yoda.

"LTES"  Gem 2014

Misdiagnosed for 25+ years; Finally Diagnosed with Celiac  11/01/10.  Double DQ2 genes. This thing tried to kill me. I view Celiac as a fire breathing dragon --and I have run my sword right through his throat.
I. Win. bliss-smiley-emoticon.gif

Can I get some suggestions on a good tasting gluten-free bread? I bought my first loaf today and it was absolutely disgusting! :( Please tell me there is a brand out there that tastes okay?

You mean you actually ate it?

No, no, no. Like performance art. You purchase it, and store it in the freezer. Open the door up once in a while, and look at it. Styrofoam with freezer burn, motivation wrapped in plastic. Close the door. Feel grateful. :lol:

You mean you actually ate it?

No, no, no. Like performance art. You purchase it, and store it in the freezer. Open the door up once in a while, and look at it. Styrofoam with freezer burn, motivation wrapped in plastic. Close the door. Feel grateful. :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: thanks for that!!

"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way we cope with it makes the difference." Virginia Satir

"The strongest of all warriors are these two - time and patience." Leo Tolstoy

"If you want to lift yourself up, lift up someone else" Booker T. Washington

“If idiots could fly, the sky would be like an airport.”― Laura Davenport 

"Do or do not. There is no try. "-  Yoda.

"LTES"  Gem 2014

Misdiagnosed for 25+ years; Finally Diagnosed with Celiac  11/01/10.  Double DQ2 genes. This thing tried to kill me. I view Celiac as a fire breathing dragon --and I have run my sword right through his throat.
I. Win. bliss-smiley-emoticon.gif