K8Hanna

Gluten-Free Bread Suggestions

Rate this topic

Can I get some suggestions on a good tasting gluten-free bread? I bought my first loaf today and it was absolutely disgusting! :( Please tell me there is a brand out there that tastes okay?

Udi's by far is the best that we've tried. Also really like their bagels.

Udi's- I haven't tried any other.

It is perfect for my needs.

Hope you like it. ;)

RUDI's is my favorite big time... almost too good. just BE CAREFUL when u buy it- because there is ALSO a Rudi's that makes Spelt bread.

i prefer Rudi's to Udi's, BUT, when we went to The Melting Pot i brought Udi's white gluten-free bread with me- and it was PERFECT for the cheese fondue.. it kinda fell apart- but it tasted DELISH

RUDI's is my favorite big time... almost too good. just BE CAREFUL when u buy it- because there is ALSO a Rudi's that makes Spelt bread.

i prefer Rudi's to Udi's, BUT, when we went to The Melting Pot i brought Udi's white gluten-free bread with me- and it was PERFECT for the cheese fondue.. it kinda fell apart- but it tasted DELISH

Haven't tried Udi's but Rudi's bread makes great toast.

Another vote for Udi's! But I will try this Rudi's y'all speak of...Yum...

Katz Gluten Free bread is not the best, but their challah rolls make EXCELLENT BLTs and sandwiches if you toast it. Very tasty.

I like Udi's bread best, too. Kinnikinnick English Muffins and hamburger rolls are really good. Also, Schar's dinner rolls (which I slice in half and use for sandwiches sometimes), but I didn't care for Schar's bread. Icky texture. The dinner rolls are best buttered and then "toasted" in a skillet. Haven't tried Rudi's products.....haven't seen them locally.

Udi's is my favourite purchased bread but I always make my own gluten-free breads now as I am definitely not satisfied with bought stuff. Blech! :P

Udi's is my favourite purchased bread but I always make my own gluten-free breads now as I am definitely not satisfied with bought stuff. Blech! :P

LOL!!!!! Me too :) I leave Rudi's bread in the freezer and just get out a piece at a time when I want toast. The rest of the time, I eat my own homemade biscuits or bread that I make.

LOL!!!!! Me too :) I leave Rudi's bread in the freezer and just get out a piece at a time when I want toast. The rest of the time, I eat my own homemade biscuits or bread that I make.

Hubby makes our bread (he experimented for 2 months--it was part comical, part sad :lol: )

But we have UDIs' bagels and bread in the freezer for travel, emergencies or for a bagel once and while. I tried them all--some were horrid!) and I think theirs is the best. Not crumbly and makes great toast!

Can I get some suggestions on a good tasting gluten-free bread? I bought my first loaf today and it was absolutely disgusting! :( Please tell me there is a brand out there that tastes okay?

You mean you actually ate it?

No, no, no. Like performance art. You purchase it, and store it in the freezer. Open the door up once in a while, and look at it. Styrofoam with freezer burn, motivation wrapped in plastic. Close the door. Feel grateful. :lol:

• Upvote 1

You mean you actually ate it?

No, no, no. Like performance art. You purchase it, and store it in the freezer. Open the door up once in a while, and look at it. Styrofoam with freezer burn, motivation wrapped in plastic. Close the door. Feel grateful. :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: thanks for that!!