Rate this topic

I have had badly dry and cracked heels for years and since going gluten free 3 and a half months ago, they have HEALED!

I noticed it a couple of weeks ago! Now it's some calous but no more cracks. before they were deep cracks to the point that i was a little worried.

It's just incredible. How can it be?? anyone else?

I have had badly dry and cracked heels for years and since going gluten free 3 and a half months ago, they have HEALED!

I noticed it a couple of weeks ago! Now it's some calous but no more cracks. before they were deep cracks to the point that i was a little worried.

It's just incredible. How can it be?? anyone else?

That is so funny because just yesterday I was thinking about how my heels have felt sooooo smooth! I was diagnosed with celiac disease in Sept 10 so 8 months gluten free. Funny coincedence? Who knows? I like it though!

You are now able to actually absorb and use the vitamins & minerals you were eating. Maybe that is helping your skin.

I read that cracked heels can be a symptom of hypothiroidism (and diabetes?)? maybe my thyroid was affected by the gluten? (even if i tested normal for thyroid tests).

But it is no coicidence, I am sure that our smoother heels are related to diet change. i had had this issue for years and it was bad, very cracked and dry.

:)

Same thing here! My cracked heels also healed! I have been gluten-free for 2.5 months (since diagnosis) now and there are so many little things here and there getting better in my body that never in one million years I would think it was related to gluten! I told my husband about it and automatically dismissed it. But now I know it is and I am not alone.

I have also noticed that my body temperature increase, which in my case it is actually GREAT! I used to be cold all the time! I no longer take super hot showers nor need to run under blankes after showering.

My heels are no longer cracked, either. The cracks used to be so deep I would have to fish out the fuzzies from my socks! Definitely an malabsorption issue. I am also taking tons of magnesium which is said to help with skin and other things. My skin is definitely softer, too. :)

Just another one whose cracked heels improved with a gluten free diet. I saw an improvement within four days though at two months I still have dry skin where the deep cracks use to be. I am amazed at how many little things I just accepted as the way my body was turned out to be related to eating gluten.

I'm happy to hear this. I hate my cracked dry heals...and have not been able to sleep without socks on for such a long time because I can't stand the feeling of them brushing up against my sheets. Crossing my fingers that my cracked heals improve once I'm through testing and am gluten free after Monday! :)