lolololo

I Got Glutened At Longhorn Steakhouse

Rate this topic

Went to Longhorn here after reading that they had a Gluten free menu. I had it in my head that I was gonna get a 8 oz. top sirloin and plain sweet potato with a water. That's what I ordered. I didn't tell the waitress I was not allowed to have gluten because I assumed that what I ordered would be fine. Well I ate it and immediately I started feeling strange. As soon as I got home, I started getting gas followed by diarrhea within a half hour of finishing my meal.

Is this from gluten? My stomach feels fine now that the diarrhea is out. Maybe her hand that touched the bread touched my water glass or something?

:(

If the kitchen didn't know, then there could have been contamination from the grill or the utensils used. For a gluten-free order, most places will clean the grill section and use clean utensils, but for an ordinary order they likely won't.

Or maybe the grill was contaminated? I've had the same experience from going to a seafood restaurant the second time. The first time was fine. I explained my gluten intolerance and requested plain greens, no croutons, no dressing, plain broiled fish prepared only with olive oil.

The second time my symptoms were dead on the same as yours. I haven't been back since. It seemed like the food server the first time was interested and caring, whereas the 2nd seemed impatient. It's like the question, which was first, the chicken or the egg?

I'm glad you're feeling better now! :)

Or maybe the grill was contaminated? I've had the same experience from going to a seafood restaurant the second time. The first time was fine. I explained my gluten intolerance and requested plain greens, no croutons, no dressing, plain broiled fish prepared only with olive oil.

The second time my symptoms were dead on the same as yours. I haven't been back since. It seemed like the food server the first time was interested and caring, whereas the 2nd seemed impatient. It's like the question, which was first, the chicken or the egg?

I'm glad you're feeling better now! :)

Yeah like the guy above you said, I should have informed them of my gluten problem. That's my fault. It's strange how bad I felt for about 10 minutes or so. Really panicy almost like a panic attack. I have been detoxing from gluten for about three weeks now. It's like as soon as I got home, all the food wanted to get out. :P.