Unipeg05

Ouch...this Is A Major Pain In The A$$!

Rate this topic

Hey everyone, my name is Tamara and I'm new to this site. I'm in the process of being tested for this AWESOME disease. I'm very ashamed to be using my very first post to ask this question lol but here goes. From what I've read I understand that diarrhea is "normal" for this issue. I'm on the can 3 to 5 times a day which has reeked havoc on my poor bum :( Does anyone else suffer from hemorrhoids due to being celiac? I can't handle the pain anymore. I don't understand how I can get them from having the runs?? I'm not straining so what gives. Possibly the frequency doesn't help?!?! I want to heal the pain but how do I heal if I'm going all the time? Any suggestion would be great!

Sorry and thanks for listening to my icky question :unsure:

Might be irritated skin from all the stuff passing thru. Wipe. Them wipe with a wet TP, then dry gently with TP. My OB/GYN said not to use a bunch of toliet/ baby wipes as they can make it worse. She said use diaper goo/ barrier to protect clean skin.

Hey everyone, my name is Tamara and I'm new to this site. I'm in the process of being tested for this AWESOME disease. I'm very ashamed to be using my very first post to ask this question lol but here goes. From what I've read I understand that diarrhea is "normal" for this issue. I'm on the can 3 to 5 times a day which has reeked havoc on my poor bum :( Does anyone else suffer from hemorrhoids due to being celiac? I can't handle the pain anymore. I don't understand how I can get them from having the runs?? I'm not straining so what gives. Possibly the frequency doesn't help?!?! I want to heal the pain but how do I heal if I'm going all the time? Any suggestion would be great!

Sorry and thanks for listening to my icky question :unsure:

Whenever I get glutened, I get D and then constipated. I deal with hemorrhoids because of that. They are very painful. You can def. get them from having the runs. Tucks pads really do help and Tylenol or advil helps too. I hope you feel better soon. I know how uncomfortable this can be.

When we get red irritated bum we either use diaper rash ointment, or if it is really bad we use liquid antacid on the area. Our pediatrician told us to use the liquid antacid to help neutralized the ph from the acidic stool. It works great and I used it as a precaution during my colonoscopy prep. Happy to report no sore bum from that! :lol::P

Thanks everyone!! I do make complete sure to have the area clean after every bathroom trip, that's not an issue. I will totally try the ant-acid and rash cream as well to ease the pain. I was also told this weekend that Bag Balm, which is used for cows to ease their pain when being milked, works good lol Sounds funny doesn't it lol

Anyways, thanks again for your replies :) I've been gluten free 5 days now and I gotta say its certainly a challenge for me when away from home with the family. This is just the beginning!!

Thanks a bunch,

Tamara

Bag Balm is great stuff. We always had it around when I was a kid at home. Used it on Molly (my milk cow) and ourselves.. ;)