This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Help Celiac.com:
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Had 'issues' For 2 Years Now. Perhaps Gluten?

lexxy

lexxy Newbie

Hi guys and girls,

I'm looking for your advise here. I beg of it in fact.

Basically, I struggle with a symptom that almost ruins my life. Best described as 'burning sensation in my face'.

You know when you blush and your body heats up? Yea...that happens to me ALL THE TIME. Can be triggered by even the smallest of things such as buying something in a shop.

It stops me from doing a lot of things, for example if I've been feeling really hot and heated all day, I just want to go home and cry...I don't but I want to.

I've been down the anxiety root and had CBT to absolutely no avail. I'm not exactly a confident person but I'm not an anxious one.

I've noticed when I eat wheat/gluten it seems to be more prominent but I'm not sure if it's the deciding factor.

I've been gluten / wheat free since the 3rd until today when my mother prepared me a sandwhich with 'gluten free' bread, only for me to come home and find it had gluten AND wheat in it.

How long would you recommend I avoid gluten for before seeing results? 6 weeks?

I appreciate ANY advise.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

GlutenFreeManna Rising Star

Hi guys and girls,

I'm looking for your advise here. I beg of it in fact.

Basically, I struggle with a symptom that almost ruins my life. Best described as 'burning sensation in my face'.

You know when you blush and your body heats up? Yea...that happens to me ALL THE TIME. Can be triggered by even the smallest of things such as buying something in a shop.

It stops me from doing a lot of things, for example if I've been feeling really hot and heated all day, I just want to go home and cry...I don't but I want to.

I've been down the anxiety root and had CBT to absolutely no avail. I'm not exactly a confident person but I'm not an anxious one.

I've noticed when I eat wheat/gluten it seems to be more prominent but I'm not sure if it's the deciding factor.

I've been gluten / wheat free since the 3rd until today when my mother prepared me a sandwhich with 'gluten free' bread, only for me to come home and find it had gluten AND wheat in it.

How long would you recommend I avoid gluten for before seeing results? 6 weeks?

I appreciate ANY advise.

Have you had any testing done? What happened when you ate the sandwich? The symtpoms could take up to 3 days to return if they are gluten related but if you had an immediate reaction you know... Unfortuantely, how long to see results depends completely on the person. You symptoms are certainly symptoms some of us have experienced but they are not the most typical ones. It would be better if you could get some medical tests done to rule out other causes first and also go back to eating gluten and get tested for celiac disease (you have to be on gluten for testing). If you are sure that gltuen is causign these symptoms and you don't want to start eatign it again you can stay gluten-free and see if it helps. You will need your family's cooperation however to stay 100% gluten-free. If she just made a mistake that's one thing but if she did it to see how you would react then it is going to be a harder road stayign gluten-free. Are you a minor or an adult living at home? If you are grown and able to get your own place that would be advisable. If you are still young you should go back to eatign gluten for a couple months and then ask your mom to take you to the dr for celiac testing.

Twinklestars Contributor

Hi there :) It sounds like it could possibly be hormone related. Your description makes me think of a menopausal type situation, but I'm not sure how old you are. It might be worth mentioning hormones to your doctor and see what they say. Do you get any other digestive type problems that might be suggestive of a gluten intolerance? What your describing doesn't sound comfortable, so maybe try another doctor and see whether you can find one that will investigate this properly.

Archived