glutenfreemamax2

Need Help Explaining This.....

Rate this topic

Ok, I made my dh watch the dr. Oz show that he did on gluten. Unfourtunatly, it made it worse. We argue all the time now about what I eat. It makes me so angry I see red. He thinks it's to expensive to eat gluten free. He also thinks that gluten in "moderation" is fine. We went to cracker barrel agents my protests on sat. Night. I had the steak salad wig no cheese or crutons. My stomach has hurt since, and now there is mucus in my BM(TMi I know) he thinks it's all in my head because of what he got out of dr.oz's show.

I am nursing a 5 week old, and we have been up all night since sat with bad gas, green and mucusy poop. His explanation for that is "all babies are gassy". Ugh. My last son had really bad food allerigiea that started the same way, but his bm's turned bloody. My pedi told me not to worry unless the new lo's turned bloody. Ugh.

Any articles or info anyone can give me to help him understand?

http://www.celiacdisease.net/assets/pdf/CDCFactSheetsTreatment6.pdf

The gluten-free diet is a lifetime requirement. Eating any gluten, no matter how small an amount, can damage the intestine. This is true for anyone with the disease, including people who do not have noticeable symptoms. It can take weeks

Point out to your hub that Dr Oz and his friend doc on the show are not experts in Celiac. The above people are.

You can probably get similiar info from Mayo, Columbia, & Maryland Celiac Centers if you want to bombard him.

• Upvote 1

Has he ever visited here? He could do some reading and ask some questions. Or perhaps you could have him talk to your doctor or contact the nutritionist you went to who could talk to him. It sounds like your having a rough time right now and I hope things get better.

There were several things on the Dr. Oz show that weren't right. One was that we can't lick stamps or envelopes. There were others too.

Have your hubby check out the info on the Celiac.com site. There's a lot of CORRECT info here.

Best wishes to you. It's not easy when you're dealing with this disease AND don't have support from your spouse and family.