allergyprone

Follow Up Blood Test

Rate this topic

i'm not sure if this is the right place for this post but i was wondering if anyone else has this problem and if they have any solutions. Ok so I go to a pediatric gastrointerologist who has me get a ttg blood test every 6 months, because of insurance I get the blood work done at the same hospital every time and everytime I get the same order and everytime the lab techs get super confused and i end up spending like an hour waiting for them to figure out what it means. I have had this test at least 6 times and it is always the same. anyone know why or of anything i can do to have these tests go faster.

thanks

i'm not sure if this is the right place for this post but i was wondering if anyone else has this problem and if they have any solutions. Ok so I go to a pediatric gastrointerologist who has me get a ttg blood test every 6 months, because of insurance I get the blood work done at the same hospital every time and everytime I get the same order and everytime the lab techs get super confused and i end up spending like an hour waiting for them to figure out what it means. I have had this test at least 6 times and it is always the same. anyone know why or of anything i can do to have these tests go faster.

thanks

Perhaps it is something to do with the way the doctor writes the order. You should perhaps ask the lab techs why it is confusing and have them call your doctor and sort it out, I think would be the best bet.

Are they writing out the lab request on a prescription pad or on the lab request pad? I know that quest labs have difficulty reading lab requests written on prescription pads because it doesn't follow their system. If your dr is using a prescription pad can you request that it be written on the hospitals lab request form. They usually have check boxes and are printed rather than handwritten. Or you could go get your labs done when the dr's is open and have the lab call the dr's office if there is confusion.