glutenfreemamax2

I'm Hurting So Badly

Rate this topic

My husband wanted to go out for his birthday. He choose a Mexican restaurant. I called ahead, spoke to the manager about my dietary restrictions. He told me that it was no problem and told me what I should order. ( not a chain). We got there,and I asked for the manager again to again go over everything. He explained to the waiter in Spanish what to do. They told me the chips were 100% corn and a dedicated fryer. I felt confident in my meal.

The meal came out. Dh and I split it. It was so delicious. I was really excirlted that I found a great place to eat.

As the waiter was clearing the table, the manger came over and looked upset. He said something got lost in translation, and my meal was NOT gluten free. I broke out in tears.

So it feels like I got a lot of gluten. My stomach hurts to press on it. I'm so bloated I loom pregnant. My head hurts. I has such bad gas pains. I'm foggy. My joints hurt. I slept until 9:30 this morning (7:30 is sleeping in for me$ and I'm still exhausted. I've been in and out of the bathroom. My vision is blurry. I'm cranky. My eye lids are twitching.

Anything I can do or take to hurry this along? I am miserable!

I'm so sorry. :( It helps me to drink lots of water. Consider ibuprofen for the pain and maybe someone knows a gas treatment that's gluten-free.

• Upvote 1

Sorry! That sucks!

Does your hub believe you now?

• Upvote 1

That totally sucks!!!!! Lots of water and rest. Advil? Oh my goodness, that happened to my mom when she was on her way to visit me. She felt miserable while she was here. I hope you feel better soon. I would have cried too.

They hopefully took your poison meal off the tab. Do drink plenty of water and I usually take Pepto Bismal liquid and asprin. Hopefully your reaction will be over soon. If you feel like sleeping do sleep and a hot bath or shower may help with the inflammation in your joints and muscles. I also find something like Tiger Balm or a heating pad to be helpful. So sorry this happened to you and I hope it passes quickly.

• Upvote 1

So sorry that you are sick! Very strong mint tea helps with the gas. It helps to get some of it out.

Feel better!!

• Upvote 1

Nope, dh said "maybe it's some kind of sensitivity to a weird preservative". Makes me so angry! It's a subject we just agree to disagree about. I try not to talk about it.

I cried last night and said "do you know what it's like to gi your whole life from dr to dr and have no one believe you?! Then you find something that makes you feel better and your own spouse makes it seem like it's in your head?!?"

And the baby has the worst red sandpaper rash all over his face. Ugh.

That's awful. I've been to restaurants before where they've sworn up and down they cooked my order gluten free, and I even ordered off the gluten free menu. Alas- I was running to the bathroom ten minutes later.

Sometimes you just wanna eat without panicking, or feeling really crappy the next day. =(

I keep getting asked what I want to do for my birthday. My answer is: eat somewhere where/something that won't make me aick