pretordan

How Soon After Eating Dairy Do Lactose Symptoms Start?

Rate this topic

I have been thinking I am gluten intolerant but am entertaining the idea that it is lactose. I tried waking up and eating lucky charms - dry - for two mornings now. Within 4-5 hours I feel gas begin forming in my intestines and by 5 hours it is coming out. Is that too long afterwards to have issues? Some days I also eat yogurt in the morning, around 7am, and then have gas forming around 2-3 in the afternoon. Is that too long as well?

For me, I know it is lactose as soon as it hits my stomach which is within a half hour.....stomach starts gurling and popping and making awful noise. What is in Lucky Charms? Is there no wheat? Yu could be ahving issues with both luten and dairy, not uncommon.

I'm lactose intolerant but I can handle cheese, yogurt, I can not handle milk what so ever! When I eat something that has milk in it like mashed potatoes, about 20-30 mins later I start getting gas pains, grumbly tummy, and I have dirreah, I'm not sure for how long this happenes because I take a lactaied and it takes the symptoms away!

I was lactose intolerant like you - I could handle yogurt, cheese, sour cream, but milk, cream, ice cream killed me. Now I can handle all dairy. :) I waited a couple of years before challenging it - I wanted to be really sure I was recovered.

I don't notice until the D comes the next morning. I only have problems with lactose intolerance when I'm glutened so it might be some strange combo effect.

I'm sorry, I didn't notice I didn't really answer your question. For me dairy was a pretty immediate response - within an hour.

My daughter is dairy protein intolerant (as opposed to lactose intolerance). She generally doesn't start getting symptoms until 12-24 hours after she eats dairy, fwiw.