jerseygirl221

I Got Glutened :~(

Rate this topic

So, on Friday night, we went to dinner and I was very careful about the handling of the food. I won't name the restaurant, because it is not their fault....it's my own stupid fault. I woke up Saturday morning and my stomach felt all bubbly and yucky.......so started the wonderful day I had....D started around 11am....but this time the mental issues were 10 times worse than the stomach issues.....I literally sounded like I was under the influence. I would start a sentence and have to speak very slowly to remember the words I was intending to say. I have never had this before. My husband and I were going out on Saturday night to see a show, and he asked me to look at a GPS map on his phone, and I could not figure out which direction we were headed on the map. It was scary. I slept until 11am on Sunday morning, and I still felt worn out. This reaction took everything out of me. Has anyone experienced a reaction like this before? I am really sensitive-I get hives in the grocery store-we believe this is from the bakery in the store. UGH.......

That is so frustrating! I hope you feel better soon. People have reported reactions similar to yours.

So, on Friday night, we went to dinner and I was very careful about the handling of the food. I won't name the restaurant, because it is not their fault....it's my own stupid fault. I woke up Saturday morning and my stomach felt all bubbly and yucky.......so started the wonderful day I had....D started around 11am....but this time the mental issues were 10 times worse than the stomach issues.....I literally sounded like I was under the influence. I would start a sentence and have to speak very slowly to remember the words I was intending to say. I have never had this before. My husband and I were going out on Saturday night to see a show, and he asked me to look at a GPS map on his phone, and I could not figure out which direction we were headed on the map. It was scary. I slept until 11am on Sunday morning, and I still felt worn out. This reaction took everything out of me. Has anyone experienced a reaction like this before? I am really sensitive-I get hives in the grocery store-we believe this is from the bakery in the store. UGH.......

I've had very similar things happen. I had a friend ask me if I had been drinking because I was slurring my words. I tried playing a board game with my husband and couldn't do multiples of 5! My memory gets really bad as well. I do not get hives from the store but I've had weird rashes appear prior to going gluten free. Mostly were on my stomach and looked like a heat rash. The one constant is that I bloat REALLY bad and it hurts! The next day I'm yucky and feel sore, like somebody punched me in the stomach. I get so tired also, feel like I could sleep all day and still need more...sucks!