Booghead

Withdrawals

Rate this topic

I guess you would say the withdrawals have started. Cravings really bad cravings... Just want gluten. Thinking its probably not celiacs and the blood tests were wrong. Silly me. I just want a sandwich from subway or a cheeseburger (with the bun) from McDs. Thinking of all my favorite foods and realizing everyday that there's another one I can't eat ever again.

This is so hard. :(

Ore- Ida fries in the oven. I like the " Golden Crinkles" . Also, Dove dark chocolate. Dark chocolate has those chemicals that make your brain happy, especially in women. :D

Or a baked potato with cheese or chili. Burger patty with lots of ketchup on the side. Taht should hold you for an hour or so :D

I guess you would say the withdrawals have started. Cravings really bad cravings... Just want gluten. Thinking its probably not celiacs and the blood tests were wrong. Silly me. I just want a sandwich from subway or a cheeseburger (with the bun) from McDs. Thinking of all my favorite foods and realizing everyday that there's another one I can't eat ever again.

This is so hard. :(

The cravings lessen - they really do! It will get better and easier with a little time. :)

If you're a sugar/carb person, try Udi's double chocolate muffins! Also, Enjoy Life brand makes these cookies that are so delicious - Snickerdoodle are my favorites.

In the beginning I found that if I ate lots of protein I stayed satiated for longer periods of time. I can't tell you how often I'd have a couple hard boiled eggs or even a big spoonful of peanut butter. It helped me so much.

Also, don't let your blood sugar dip! When mine is low I want to binge eat - like really binge on the super bad stuff! So, eat lots & lots of small meals throughout the day!

All best to you!

Get some gluten free hamburger buns so you can have a burger with a bun. It helps! There are good gluten free replacements out there. You'll learn that you can pretty much have whatever food you're craving but you might not get it right at that moment. We went to a potluck in summer and they had german chocolate cake. I wanted some so bad, so on the way home I picked up a Betty Crocker Gluten Free Chocolate cake mix and the ingredients for the frosting and made it the next day.

It gets better! Way better!

I'll agree with pondy above and say eat more fats and proteins to stay satiated longer. And eat more frequently all day long, rather than just 3 specified meal times. 5 to 6 times per day will help to regulate blood glucose levels and will even out cravings better.