Beckyb70

Just Need Some Advice

Rate this topic

Hi,

For the last 6 years I have been experience many, many symptoms. Something finally brought me to Gluten. My symptoms started with terrible ear infections, they would also itch.The doctors kept giving me more antibiotic, the pain would return as soon as I finished the dose. Then I started feeling weird in my colon area/left side, constipation, bloating, insomnia, receding gums, cavities, very dry itchy skin that sometimes stings then breaks out in red dots on body or clear blister on hands. low iron stores for 10 years, now low vitamin D.I am now having muscle spasms, pains. I can go on and on with what I've experienced. For the longest time I felt the antibiotic gave me Candida over growth but now I don't know.

Last years I had blood work done and have no idea what it mean but they told me I was fine. The tests were Gliadin AB IGA result was 3(Uml), and IGA serum result was 248(81-463).

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

I had recurrent middle ear infections, perforated ear drums. I haven't had one since going gluten free last december. Which is so unusual for me! I also have heaps of the same symptoms as you. It It is possible to have false negative blood tests for celiac, also gluten intolerance won't show up in blood up work. But yeah - I have basically everything except the blisters.

My infections were sinus... At the end of my gluten-life (6 months ago) they were just as you described. I got sick of doctors bills and antibiotics so basically I was infected most of the year.

I've been gluten-free since June.. really seriously for about the last 4 months. And no more sinus drip and infections. I have only minor hayfever (in Australia so is our spring). And I've been seriously debilitated every spring for 10 years.

Lots of other great problems have resolved that I didn't expect with dropping gluten. I am one happy gluten-free'er.

Ask for the whole celiac panel to be done.

Total IgA

IgA/IgG tTG

IgA EMA

IgA/IgG DGP

You can always have an EGD with a minimum of 8-11 biopsy samples taken from the small bowel also. Your symptoms could be from celiac or gluten intolerence. You can still have a problem with gluten even if your tests are negative. Once you are all done with testing(if you want it) then you could trial gluten free for a good three months and then reintroduce it. Sometimes your body is the best test you can have.

Thank you all for your replies. I'm sure you get many people here trying to piece everything together.

Did any of you have yeast infection symptoms? This is one of my latest symptoms. I am wondering if this will resolve on a gluten free diet alone?

If yeast is an issue, you may want to look into a diet like GAPS or SCD. They are based on creating a good flora balance in the body while reducing inflammation and providing readily digestible food.