hannisa

Books For Beginners

Rate this topic

I've just recently gone gluten free and feel so much better. :) Thank you so much for this forum and all the contributions - I've spent quite a lot of time already browsing through all the info here and it's been soooo useful! Great to feel that I'm not alone with this.

I'm thinking of buying a book on gluten intolerance and I'm wondering what people recommend. I live in the UK so that narrows it down a bit. Has anyone read Gluten Free for Dummies? Any other suggestions?

PS Please feel free to point me to the right thread if this has been covered before! I had a look in the publications bit, but that seems to be research and papers.

Here you go, hon...we were just discussing books in this thread...

:)

If you use the "search the forum via google" --it's up the top?--you can find what you may be looking for.

Yes, Danna Korn's book Living Gluten Free for Dummies is very helpful!

Best wishes!

I liked "Celiac: The First Year."

Can't remember the author and I'm too lazy at the moment to go upstairs and check. A woman, though.

I also liked Gluten Free for Dummies (as mentioned above.)

• Upvote 1

Gluten Free for Dummies is a good book. Celiac Disease, A Hidden Epidemic by Dr. Peter Green is a bit more technical. I have just finished reading Healthier Without Wheat by Dr. Stephen Wangen which I found very helpful. It addresses not only celiac, but also non-celiac gluten intolerance, which is where some of us are.

Let me remind you to be careful with the information from some of the books. Some of it is out of date or just plain wrong. You ight want to check more than one source, especially on the DO NOT EAT lists.

Let me remind you to be careful with the information from some of the books. Some of it is out of date or just plain wrong. You ight want to check more than one source, especially on the DO NOT EAT lists.

Excellent point!! yes, check updated lists--always! :)

Hi folks, thank you for the recommendations and advice. :) I had a look at the other thread on books too. I've ordered the Dummies book, but yes, I'll be careful with the info.

One thing I'm learning is that although we all have one thing in common on this forum, to a certain extent each person has to find their own way as we all vary so much. I started keeping a diary of symptoms about a year ago, which made me feel like a bit of a hypochondriac, but it's really useful for looking back over and seeing what has made a difference.

I found a book called "The Autism and ADHD Diet" by Barrie Silberberg to be very informative, a quick read, from my local library. It amazing that there is likely a gluten link to autism and so many other conditions. It makes many of the gluten withdrawal symptoms make so much more sense...