BCSherry

Bone & Joint Pains

Rate this topic

does anyone out there have bone & joint pains because of celiac? i have this sometimes & wonder what anyone else does to relieve this type of pain. thanks

I think its quite common. Mine have lessened since I have been gluten free for a month.

does anyone out there have bone & joint pains because of celiac? i have this sometimes & wonder what anyone else does to relieve this type of pain. thanks

I take medicine called Skelaxin. I have also taken Parafon Forte in the past but it didn't work as well. Heat works wonders...I have both a heating pad and a massager seat cover that both massages and can be heated.

Stretching also seems to help a lot as long as I don't overdo.

I take a ratio of Omega 6's and 3's (as prescribed in "The Hidden Story of Cancer"), and my joint and bone pain completely went away. To achieve the correct ratio, simply take 1/2 teaspoon of organic flaxseed oil and 3/4 teaspoon of safflower oil in either a small glass of juice or a smoothie (mix it in after mixing the smoothie so that you don't gunk up your blender). Believe me--this really does work!

However, I must admit to taking Dr. Christopher's Joint Formula and also Dr. Christopher's Tissue and Bone Formula--both are very inexpensive and can be purchased on the Web (I'm talking approximately $8.00 each). They were recommended to me by someone else with celiac, and she was spot on--my joints feel great now, even though I have celiac and have suffered two rounds of Rheumatic Fever.

Lastly, if the above two remedies don't work, you can always take Curcumin, a natural product that relieves inflammatory pain in the joints. It's made of Turmeric, and studies have shown that it really is effective.

If you haven't had your vitamin D level and calcium level checked recently, it may be something to request at your next doctor's appointment.

I suffered from bone and joint pain terribly before I knew I had Celiac. Supplementing Calcium and D and being gluten free have eliminated it. Maybe the other vitamins help too. I take a lot of C.