Buffheart

Searching For Gluten Free, Lactose Free, Low Sugar, Easy-To-Make Snacks

Rate this topic

Hello! I am looking for easy to make gluten free, lactose free snacks. Premade snacks would also work well as I am trying to figure out what exactly I can buy at the store that would be alright.

I recently (as in just last night) discovered that I cannot have chocolate or butter as they contain lactose too. Previously I thought it was just milk, cream, and yogurt, but I guess I am more sensitive than I thought. Also, I cannot have aspartame and am trying to slowly reduce my refined sugar intake.

Last week I found out I will be granted access to a kitchen here at my school, but only for an hour a week, so I need some easy bake/make, easy to store, snacks that I can grab and go in between classes and meals.

I already eat produce and nuts, but I need to spice it up a little. Does anybody have any suggestions? Books maybe?

I LOVE Larabars! I always get them every week :lol:

-stove-cooked popcorn! It takes like five minutes, can take a variety of toppings, and is delicious. I eat this ALOT.

-oven-baked vegetable chips: http://www.chow.com/food-news/80400/make-your-own-veggie-chips/

-rice cakes with peanut or almond butter

-rice crackers with hummus or pesto

-tortilla chips with guacamole

-spicy oven-baked chickpeas: http://www.kalynskitchen.com/2008/02/crispy-roasted-chickpeas-garbanzo-beans.html

-spicy oven-baked nuts (lots of variations in recipes online)

Thank you Lucia! Do hummus or any sort of nut butters contain lactose? I thought I heard somewhere that they do.

Thank you Lucia! Do hummus or any sort of nut butters contain lactose? I thought I heard somewhere that they do.

There only natural lactose in milk products. If there is milk or lactose added to hummus or nut butters it will say so on the ingredient label.

Roasted chickpeas? Super easy and cheap. So Delicious coconut milk yogurt, rice cakes with soy cream cheese, bean dip. You could make muffins using something like Pamela's baking mix as the base to cut back on the number of ingredients you need.