1desperateladysaved

Id For Gluten Intolerant

Rate this topic

I am wondering if I should be wearing, or having in my purse with my driver's license something that identifies me as a Celiac? What are others doing? After I saw what invisible bread crumbs do to my arm; I think it is important-maybe.

I am wondering if I should be wearing, or having in my purse with my driver's license something that identifies me as a Celiac? What are others doing? After I saw what invisible bread crumbs do to my arm; I think it is important-maybe.

I've never had any reason to identify myself as a Celiac other than telling someone and if you ended up in the ER unconscious, all drugs would be given via an IV, which is not a concern for a Celiac. However, if I had an allergy which caused anaphylaxis, that's another matter entirely.

I have a bracelet that hangs from my keychain along with a tag for my allergy to penniclyn (I know that's badly mispelled but don't want to disturb the dog sleeping on my lap to look at the tag).

I put it on my medicalert bracelet for my dangerous medication allergy. I don't know that it's a good idea for only celiac and I sort of regret putting it on my bracelet. I'd rather they do whatever treatment is medically necessary even if it glutens me in the process. We have a few on the board who get into really dangerous situations if they are exposed to gluten, and they do need the alert bracelets.

• Upvote 1

I will die if I have penicillin. Even in the ER they probably won't be able to save me. I got one of those USB medical alert bracelets. I went ahead & put the celiac info. on it as well as iodine since that makes the dh flare. I can update the USB anytime.

Afew on the board who get into really dangerous situations if they are exposed to gluten, and they do need the alert bracelets. ""Afew on the board who get into really dangerous situations if they are exposed to gluten, and they do need the alert bracelets. "

How do I learn if I am here? I had IGG tests (Neg), but it is believed to be false negative, so, huh?

"A few on the board who get into really dangerous situations if they are exposed to gluten, and they do need the alert bracelets. "

How do I learn if I am here? I had IGG tests (Neg), but it is believed to be false negative, so, huh?

Do you get sick enough to require hospitalization when you get gluten by mistake or are your symptoms merely uncomfortable? What would happen if you're groggy and given pills to swallow and they contain gluten?

We have one board member who gets intusseption and is at risk of intestinal perforation after eating gluten, one who has seizures, and one who has an anaphylactic allergy to wheat on top of the celiac disease. These would be examples of medically significant severe reactions that could make a life-threatening situation far worse if a medicine contained gluten. In contrast, nausea, bloating, cramping, and diarrhea would not be medically significant in the context of a life-threatening emergency.

Do you get sick enough to require hospitalization when you get gluten by mistake or are your symptoms merely uncomfortable? What would happen if you're groggy and given pills to swallow and they contain gluten?

We have one board member who gets intusseption and is at risk of intestinal perforation after eating gluten, one who has seizures, and one who has an anaphylactic allergy to wheat on top of the celiac disease. These would be examples of medically significant severe reactions that could make a life-threatening situation far worse if a medicine contained gluten. In contrast, nausea, bloating, cramping, and diarrhea would not be medically significant in the context of a life-threatening emergency.

Right, well I don't have anything like that yet. My body is incredible at finding it in the air.

I'm getting one for asthma, and I may just add coeliac to it. I need to think it over, but I do need one for asthma.

Right, well I don't have anything like that yet. My body is incredible at finding it in the air.

Ugh. That doesn't sound like fun. :blink: Glad to hear your reactions are not dangerous. Mine aren't either. I only put celiac on my bracelet because I was having it done for my serious allergy.