Deamidated Gliagin Peptide (DGP) IgA and IgG

Total Serum IgA

So, my son had his bloodwork done. His tests were:

Endomysial Antibody IgA

Tissue Transglutaminase IgA

GLIADIN IgG

GLIADIN IgA

Total Serum IgA

Are they the same thing if his tests do not say 'Anti'? His bloodwork was negative for Celiac, but his allergy tests came back with low allergies for 6 different foods (including wheat). He has also had a great response since going gluten-free. I was just wondering if the right tests were done to rule out Celiac.

Same tests, different shorthand. The "anti" is short for antibodies, as in it is measuring the body's response to certain proteins.

While celiac cannot be ruled out 100% because a certain percentage of tests are false negatives, it is less likely.... however.....

What is important is his response to the gluten free diet, if it works, keep doing it !

But they left out the Deamidated Gliadin Peptide (DGP) IgA and IgG test which as I understand it is specific for celiac disease & that's why it was recently added to the full panel & is supposed to be more spot on. Someone correct me if I'm wrong about that please.

Are blood tests good for food allergies? My allergist said they can come back with false positives and that's why he recommends the skin test. I am having the skin test next week. My primary wanted to order blood work but I think I may just do the skin test.

Thank you! I know that even with a negative test Celiac cannot be ruled out completely. The nice thing is that, even with low allergies, at least I have that diagnosis for him for school, or whatever he might need it for. Since he has responded so well to the gluten-free diet, we will just stick with it and I won't have to subject him to biopsies, etc. ;)