Mama of 6

Still Trying To Figure Out What Is Going On

Rate this topic

I am still trying to figure out what is going on. I am going to put it all in a nutshell, if you have seen my other posts I am sorry as it will repeat a little of the same info.

I am still trying to figure out what is going on. I am going to put it all in a nutshell, if you have seen my other posts I am sorry as it will repeat a little of the same info.

Did you go to the Doctor?

• Upvote 1

[/quote Ugh...pushed the wrong button. Sorry for the double posting. So all of my symptoms starting after the birht of my 4th baby it was a normal bith and no complications. At six weeks post partum I starting haveing fibromyalgia symptoms and was sent to a rheumatologist then to a fibromyalgia clinic all telling me I have fibro. For some reason I have always felt like I don't have it but thats what the tests pointed to since every test (whic has been a ton) has came out normal. When I heard of the gluten intolerance I thought fore sure that was me. So I went and got testing which came out negative and went on a gluten free diet. It helped tramendously the first few days then horrible symptoms for a few weeks. Now I have what seems like flare ups of the same symptoms but gluten free seems to be helping. I also had my vitamen B12, feratin,and thyroid checked because I get horrible numbness in my feet ( thats how I know the leg pain will start) It was all normal. I have so many symptoms yet so many tests that point to nothing. I have a couple of questions? Is anyone else going through anything that is similar? do you think the liquid multi vitamens would affect the test?

I have wondered about you! You are the one with the swollen lymph nodes and the nightsweats right? If so..did you go get that checked out? I have been thinking of you and hoping you checked back in.

Ugh...pushed the wrong button. Sorry for the double posting. So all of my symptoms starting after the birht of my 4th baby it was a normal bith and no complications. At six weeks post partum I starting haveing fibromyalgia symptoms and was sent to a rheumatologist then to a fibromyalgia clinic all telling me I have fibro. For some reason I have always felt like I don't have it but thats what the tests pointed to since every test (whic has been a ton) has came out normal. When I heard of the gluten intolerance I thought fore sure that was me. So I went and got testing which came out negative and went on a gluten free diet. It helped tramendously the first few days then horrible symptoms for a few weeks. Now I have what seems like flare ups of the same symptoms but gluten free seems to be helping. I also had my vitamen B12, feratin,and thyroid checked because I get horrible numbness in my feet ( thats how I know the leg pain will start) It was all normal. I have so many symptoms yet so many tests that point to nothing. I have a couple of questions? Is anyone else going through anything that is similar? do you think the liquid multi vitamens would affect the test?

I'm guessing your doctor tested for lupus, rheumatoid arthritis, other autoimmune conditions? Do you have results of any tests he did? Certainly with the difficulty you were having, something is going on. And I don't believe in fibromyalgia as a diagnosis, just like IBS. It's something I think they say because they don't know what's really going on.

Thank you for your reply both of you. I did get the lymph nodes checked and dr said come back in 6 weeks if there not gone. He doesnt think it is serious because my ears are plugged of and on. I have also been checked for rheumatoid arthritis, lupis and just about everything else. This week I am doing ok from being on the gluten diet, I am haveing very minimal pain. However my feet still go numb. At this point I am just going to stay on the gluten free diet.

Have you been tested for diabetes? not just a fasting glucose, but a 3-5 hour glucose tolerance test, with insulin levels?

Have you been tested for diabetes? not just a fasting glucose, but a 3-5 hour glucose tolerance test, with insulin levels?

I haven't been tested for diabetes, I had no clue it could cause similar symptoms. I will talk to the dr. Thanks to all of you who have replied. I would be way more frusterated without you all.